Pink Houses (John Cougar Mellencam Cover)

Started by Mike_S, April 09, 2023, 03:36:29 PM

Mike_S

Pink Houses, John Cougar Mellencamp Cover
Time:
0:00
Volume:
1983Fest (banner image missing)

1983 Fest

Started doing this as a full band version but it sounded dead so doing it live on acoustic...

Took a few attempts, this was the best one. Great song by John Cougar Mellencamp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE6WXHNYPlY

recorder
iPad GarageBand

TPB

Very nice we used to do this on our acoustic set forgot all about it lends it self to acoustic version nicely done brother
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Zoltan

Such a fine cover! I'm not familiar with the original, but i've sure missed hearing your voice.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Blooby

I really enjoyed this. Going to have to work this one up for gigs. Great singing.

Blooby

StephenM

Quote from: Zoltan on April 11, 2023, 05:29:48 AMSuch a fine cover! I'm not familiar with the original, but i've sure missed hearing your voice.

over here in the US only maybe Amish people or some hermits might have missed this.  John Cougar, who became John Cougar Mellencamp and then just John Mellencamp (his real name).... was played hundreds of times on the radio.  There was a reason... he was so good and appealed to vast multitudes of people.  On a smaller scale but was a hit machine like Elton John, and Mellencamp dominated the airways for over a decade.  My favorite album of his came out later and it was not a favorite of the masses.  It rocked to the moon and back ("Whenever We Wanted" came out in 91.)

nice job on this Mike.... really nice.  I think you even sound a bit like JM at times... you rock this Mike... really enjoyed the video as well... question?  Is this recorded on a phone video?  What did you do with the audio after recording this?  It sounds really good... the mix is quite right

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

cuthbert

Well done, Mike - I dig that opening riff and your vocal styling. It's a very well-known song* from '83, but you make it your own here.

Great stuff, I enjoyed listening!

* I didn't realize this when the song was on heavy rotation on FM radio back in the day, but according to Mellencamp, the lyrics were actually a critique of the state of race and class in America, and the chorus is meant to be somewhat sarcastic. In that aspect, it is similar to 'Born In the USA' by Bruce Springsteen, which would be released the next year.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

SE

Excellence acoustic, performance, great vox too well played!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Pete C

Don't think I've heard this song before but really enjoyed this. You really should consider performing live Mike, I'd happily sit in a bar listening to this !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Zoltan

Quote from: StephenM on April 11, 2023, 06:54:14 AMonly maybe Amish people or some hermits might have missed this

Guilty on both accounts!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper