Test of EZ Keys for songwriting

Started by des0free, April 09, 2023, 12:55:00 PM

des0free

EZ Keys1 Test3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I bought EZ Keys 1, which was on sale because Toontrack is about release EZ Keys 2 (which I might upgrade to).

It is a tool for generating piano/keyboard parts for songs. At the most basic level it has built in midi keyboard riffs and chord progressions. One could also edit or build one's own chord progressions.  You can also buy many additional midi and VST instrument packages.

I used some of the built in patterns to build this song fragment... yeah, another fragment - I'm a slow plodder and infrequent finisher  ;D 

Tracks
- EZ Keys 1
- Drums: pattern from EZ Drummer 1, but played by Sampletank 4
- Fender Mustang Bass into Amplitube 4
- Fender Mustang Guitar (doubled, panned) into Amplitube 4
- Vocal into AT4040 mic and CLA vocals plugin
- Recorded by Tascam 2x2HR USB into Reaper
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

Promising start, and a very catchy chorus. You should try to finish it.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Blooby

I agree with Cuthbert. You should flesh this out whilst using the following lyric...

Quote from: des0free on April 09, 2023, 12:55:00 PMI'm a slow plodder and infrequent finisher

I also love the fact that you have both a Mustang guitar and bass.

Blooby

T.C. Elliott

I just played with EZKeys 2 and I like some of the possibilities. I've added piano to two recently completed songs and I think it's a nice addition. I've also recently sliced open a finger so I'm another week out before being able to play guitar again and was thinking it might be a good option for songwriting and producing in the interim but I'm still in the evaluation phase. Might be playing guitar before deciding on how useful it really is at this rate.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

SteveB

Y'know, this is an enticing snippet, and would probably work well as a full-blown entity. However, I see that we are kindred spirit/artists, to wit: '...I'm a slow plodder..and infrequent finisher.'
Y'know, if you don't mind I think I'll have that printed and framed for my Man-Cave wall!

The EzKeys module sounds like a decent investment. I can play some basic stuff but relied on ChordPulse for my lines. It's still going by the way after about 15 years.  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Johnbee

Yes.  EZ Keys and EZDrummer are delightful songwriting tools.  I've been using them for more than 10 years now.  Version 2 has an excellent chord building tool.  You should have great fun with it.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!