Greater Is He (A modern Easter Carol)

Started by StephenM, April 08, 2023, 07:56:37 PM

StephenM

Greater Is He
Time:
0:00
Volume:
found this idea last night and recorded a scratch to the phone of it... then worked on this today... 2 acoustic guitars (Ibanez A/E plugged in and Epiphone Hummingbird mic'd).  I had to play and sing this at the same time and then I could add the other guitar and the keeper vocal.  Added drums and bass... then surprise, surprise, I got my good wife Silsa to play some keyboards on this... I had to chart out the chords for her because she likes to play from paper...

I really like this.. thought about adding a lead but it rocks as is...

organic mix from the Zoom L20 and then mastered through Masterdesk via Audacity. 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

Sounds great! Some gospel(y) goodness. Nice organic mix. Fits the material. It really shows that you're playing all the time.

Quote from: StephenM on April 08, 2023, 07:56:37 PMthen surprise, surprise, I got my good wife Silsa to play some keyboards on this... I had to chart out the chords for her because she likes to play from paper...

I think there's a subtle hint hidden somewhere. If you'd done a song about the easter bunny robbing a bank you might have been left without the keyboard stuff ;)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Blooby

Sounds really good. Has me juiced for the next time I see Phil Keaggy.

Happy Easter, folks.

Blooby

thetworegs

Sounds great Steve a  great vocal and a good mix and getting the wife in on the act too Bravo 👏

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

This is a cracker Steven. It sounds perfect as it is. Really great production, love the panning.  this is one of your best I think. All the instruments are spot on. But your lyrics and vocals sound amazing. Some great keyboards from your wife too.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

StephenM

I am sure that many guitarist already know about this but on the off chance that some might not.  This progression is basically Em C D G (and a walkdown back to the Em)... so at the end I started with the Em and then ran the progression backward... Em with a walkup to the G then the D to the C.... it's so bloody simple but so cool...
The acoustic guitars really rock with that bass and drums

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

TPB

Well brother this so good from the acoustic mix and yes one of your better vocals.
bravo
Tim,
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Ray Brookes

Beautiful song, Stephen and great production. Those acoustic guitars sound excellent and cool keyboard work from your wife.
Ray Brookes

launched

I really enjoyed this one, a well written/performed song with beautiful piano playing
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

SE

Just got give this a bump, maybe not a Steve.
Major Saint Steven bump love it!!
recorder
Boss BR-80