"Roxanne" unplugged cover

Started by Jean Pierre, April 07, 2023, 12:49:14 AM

Jean Pierre

ROXANNE RENDER MP¨3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
yes, I know, it's a bit rich to want to cover "Roxane" by Sting...I had to lower the key of 5 half tones!...and it's still too high for me!

but hey ...a challenge

acoustic version with the participation (via Band in a Box  ;) )  of Avery Bright and Matt Nelson on violin and cello
I'm doing myself two takes of acoustic guitar (nylon string) and bass
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Zoltan

Quote from: Jean Pierre on April 07, 2023, 12:49:14 AMI had to lower the key of 5 half tones!...and it's still too high for me!

Which means that now Sting has trouble singing it :)

A great Green Sleeves -type of sounding version of the classic Police tune. Perhaps this band could be called as the Park Rangers!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

thetworegs

A beautiful representation of this classic..excellent backer and then your vocal with the accent really adds to the song

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Pete C

Quelle belle reprise d'un chanson que j'adore ! Tout à fait génial !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Frank53

What a great interpretation. Gives it whole different feel, in a good way. Love the strings.
Nice performance. You hit the notes well.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

TPB

Prend des balles pour couvrir Sting. Excellent travail sur le chant et j'adore le jeu et les annonces de cordes
bravo frère

Takes balls to cover Sting. Great job on the vocals and I love the playing and string adds
Bravo brother
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Blooby

As much as I enjoy the original, I think this version captures the mood of the lyrics better. I think it being at the edge of your vocal range adds a poignancy to the message. Cool strings as well.

Blooby

Jean Pierre

Merci les gars pour vos gentils commentaires

By doing this cover 2 tones lower than Sting's version, I have already made a big effort with my voice!

Zoltan disait
QuoteWhich means that now Sting has trouble singing it

...and indeed, I came across a verse this morning that he made in Lyon, where he tells the story of this song as when he was touring with the Police at the beginning of his career, he was in Paris in a rotten hotel where there were many prostitutes. .he made this song on this theme and there was in the hall of the hotel a poster of "Cyrano de Bergerac", the play of Edmond Rostant and the darling of Cyrano de Bergerac was called Roxane, so he decided to keep this name for his song

This Live of Sting was in Lyon, my native city, but unfortunately I did not see it...but I found the video on YT (note that Sting speaks very well French)

and indeed he sings it here ... an octave lower
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-3tkmfwMoI

étonnant, non?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

StephenM

C'était la première chanson de Police que j'ai entendue en 1979 et elle a été martelée dans nos têtes... comme si elle était jouée encore et encore et encore à la radio... alors bien sûr, ça a secoué...
mais votre version a une belle douce tristesse... et le jeu des instruments sonne si bien...
bravo JP

This was the first Police song I heard back into 1979 and it was drummed right into our heads... as in played over and over and over on the radio...so of course it rocked...
but your version has a lovely sweet sadness to it... and the playing of the instruments sounds so good...
bravo JP

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

kenny mac

Excellent version,that vocal is a hard job so well done on that.
The vibe from the instrumentation sets a great scene.
Your a talented guy JP