"Ember To A Flame" a Hook original for his daughter

Started by Hook, April 03, 2023, 07:02:11 AM

Hook

Ember To A Flame
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I'm terribly sorry for being such an inactive member and when I do pop up its very one sided...again my apologies. I havent been writing or recording anything and while I've been listening to alot of records lately its all just in the background. I hope to get back to intentionally listening and commenting soon.
However, my daughter Ember turned 20 last weekend and I forced myself to write her a song, she's become a country fan so I went in that direction. This makes the 3rd song I've written her using her name, my Ember Trilogy.
uke/vocal recorded in car, piano is from garage band, guitar is my micheal kelly acoustican and pedal steel is from Thumbjam.
1 uke/vocal track (stereo)
1 piano(stereo)
1 guitar (stereo)
1 pedal steel
Ember To A Flame
written & performed by Hook
It's time for change that's the way its supposed to be
You are now all you no more a mini me
That drum you've always heard
I think you can trust it's time
I hope that maybe you've learned a thing or 2
Follow your heart & to yourself stay true
Do not lose that spark you have inside
It's time to

turn your flame on Take what you've learned burn a path and stay strong
I'm still there but you're choosing what's right Take the lead but you'd better be bright
Ember to a Flame overnight

& as I watch you reach for the sky
Your brilliant glow reflects in my eyes
& my tears shimmer from your shine

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

StephenM

This is lovely and sounds great too... nice that you could do this.  I can relate.  Melissa just turned 20. 
Hook, i appreciate your music very much.  The site is better when you can participate more.  However, its understandable that you arent able to much right now.  Meanwhile we will tend to the flame brother!

I do like the loving sincerity of the song.  It shines through like a gleaming sunrise!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

This is a very cool tribute to your daughter as she grows up. You have a very versatile voice and you sing this country style well, Hook. The pedal steel seals the deal at reaching the country vibe. It's good to hear your music again and Happy Belated Birthday to Ember!!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

kenny mac

Absolutely stunning, take the lead   but you'd better be bright, I love that line.
It's hard seeing them walk that path from you into that big grown up world.
A song Full of feeling ,it bites at your heart.
Beautiful.

Blooby

What a special gift for her. Beautiful job.

Blooby

Zoltan

It was just a day ago when i wondered where the Hook is hiding... And here he is again and he's brough company!

A special gift of a song. A special gift of a voice. A life. The Hook. Because the Hook brings you back.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

cuthbert

Beautifully done, Mr. Hook and a wonderful tribute to your daughter. Everything in the mix is very clear and there's "air" and room for it all.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

launched

Yes, a birthday gift that a price can't be put on. You really done good with this one I love it! Fabulous vocal recording too.

It is strange how nobody seems to be around at the same time, like whack a mole! One day the stars will align, but for now dreams of MET's and virtual bands will just have to do.

This summer will be a challenge, I plan to do a lot of fishin', boatin', 4 wheelin' and learn how to do some water skiin'. Whatever "in'" I can get my hands on!

You rock bud!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

bruno