LuluBell Parr

Started by StephenM, April 01, 2023, 08:21:16 AM

StephenM

LuLuBell_Parr
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is a song from an article I read.  I had written a story about Lulubell the cow and her owner the Farmer Brown.  So I googled the words Lulubell and Cow and this story came up about Lulu Bell Parr. 

I found it quite fascinating.  She was a strong woman who became a major entertainer in the late 1800's busting broncs and shooting very accurately.  She secured a place in Pawnee Bill's Wild West show, including performing for King Edward VIIth (but not Henry the 8th).

Anyway, she entertained thousands of people and delighted them with her riding skills and ability to shoot accurately. 

When theatre plays became popular and silent movies the crowds dwindled at live shows and she was no longer needed.  Broke and getting old she moved to Dayton, Ohio to live out her days with her brother and his wife.  The story tells that the neighbor children would gather around her to hear her tales of Bronc busting and shooting, her exploits of entertainment. 
She died in 1955 at the age of 78 after suffering a stroke.

I kind of fell in love with the guitar riff that I played on my Ibanez A/E after restringing it with some Martin mediums.  Then I added two Les Paul tracks completely DI (no interface) into the board clean. 

I worked with the tracks on Audacity and Bandlab and Mastered with Masterdesk True Peak plug in. 

link to the article   https://insidesources.com/holy-cow-history-lulus-lost-legacy/

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

Some of that DI sounding guitar wizardry sounds a bit like TwoReg playing, but it's clearly coming from the Moore land.

This sounds surprisingly authentic. You could have day job doing this instead of rocking in all directions. Near the end where the grooves change into simpler ones there's a moment where it sounds a bit like swamp rock in the vein of Tony Joe White.

Interesting story. She must have been a handful.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ray Brookes

Sounds like that lady was a bit of a handful as Zoltan says and an interesting back story. All those guitars are nicely mixed, Stephen and as I have said before - we never know what to expect from you.
Ray Brookes

Trist

very bluesy i like the story you tell here and the speaking sections with the the other vocal parts give the song a real interesting and original style. touch of lou reed style wise , enjoyed

Farrell Jackson

You always do some off the wall but very entertaining songs (a compliment)! I've never heard of LuluBell Parr but I wonder if she knew Annie Oakley? The DI'd guitars and vocals sound super, Stephen!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

launched

Except for the DI you got a fully organic sound, what a cool arrangement. With the DI that's where the crispy sound comes from, I'm not opposed to it, reminds me of an Ovation bass I had.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Frank53

Cool story, and intriguing delivery. Nicely arranged and balanced.
That was fun!
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

TPB

What can I say I always expect the unexpected from you, your production continue to grow
Got me smiling in the morning well done
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away