New Guitar Day -Super-Sonic

Started by ODH, April 01, 2023, 01:42:19 AM

ODH

My new guitar. I've got myself a Squier Paranormal Super-Sonic. It's an offset shape based on Hendrix playing a right-handed Jazzmaster flipped / left-handed.

I went to a gig earlier this year where the guitarist was playing a Fender Super-Sonic. I'd never seen one before and I was captivated by it.

It's lovely to play. Apparently the pickups are super hot and grungy, I've not played it plugged in yet.

(There's meant to be an image at the top)

Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Zoltan

Ooh, that's one mighty fine guitar! Congratulations!

Offsets are so comfortable and cool.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Pete C

Congratulations Nick, that's a cool guitar. I remember these from the mid/late 90's. Squier brought out their Vista series which included the Super Sonic, Jagmaster and Venus, the latter being co-designed by Courtney Love. I really wanted a Super Sonic or Jagmaster, the Venus was a more "girly" guitar. Alas, the 90's wasn't the best time financially for me so luxury items like guitars weren't an option or I'd have bought one.

Nice to see that Squier made these again. Great choice and looking forward to hearing how it sounds !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

T.C. Elliott

recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

cuthbert

Very nice - congrats on the new guitar!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Blooby

Greeny

Very nice indeed. Squier seem to be consistently hitting it out of the park. Enjoy!

TPB

New gear is always fun makes you want to play more  Very nice good score
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Mike_S

Yeah you gotta be happy with that and after just listening to your Nirvana cover it lives up to it's good looks. Enjoy.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand