Neural Amp Modeler

Started by Zoltan, March 29, 2023, 12:48:43 PM

Zoltan

Leroy Was Here
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Reader warning: This is going to be a glorified advertisement.

I started messing around with the free Neural Amp Modeler plugin (https://github.com/sdatkinson/neural-amp-modeler) and turns out that it can do glorious things!

I also got the Bassdude plugin for free from Plugin Alliance. They have this 20usd voucher thing going (https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products.html?sort=priceLH). Which might be worth checking out.

The guitar heard in this demo was done with straight DI into Neural Amp Modeler (running a Marshall capture + some cab). The reverb is just the free One Knob Waves reverb.

The bass was recorded (DI) thru the Bassdude plugin. I'm not particularly happy with the sound, but i didn't spend much time with it and for this i should have used the Framus bass instead of the Yamaha (which sounds too modern and new).

Then i added some embellishments with the Yamaha CP and to add insult to injury tried to bring everything together with a one funky *ss drum track played last and least! The drum sounds are courtesy of Ugritone Assault Drums trigged by Alesis DM-10.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Zoltan

Voodoo Child (No Return)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I'm resurrecting this topic as it seems to get so many views! ( :)).

I've been trying to convert Stephen into Neural Amp Modeler, but i'm not sure how it goes. Turns out modelling Stephen is harder than one might think!

Anyway i found this snippet / abomination where i tried to get a "Hendrixy" tone and failed miserably. It wasn't because of Neural Amp. It was because of the wrong kind of guitar and wah (Ibanez wah :) Cry-baby was scratchy!) + mostly down to the player.
I tried to wing it and as it turns out i didn't really remember how Voodoo Child goes. It's a one guitar, one bass + impro drum track. The scratch vocals are by my neighbours second cousins crazy half-brother named Buck. The only touch up here is the additional backing vocalist near the end.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper