Midnight Sun (Greeny & Redler original)

Started by Redler, March 28, 2023, 04:08:10 AM

Ray Brookes

Great collab, guys. Instrumentation is first class and excellent lyrics/vocals from Tim.
Ray Brookes

Trist

Cool track, nice production, cool guitar solo . catchy and enjoyable from the the start ,enjoyed

StephenM

this rocks to the moon and back... the drumming to me is quite perfect... and really drives the beat... well done there mr. Redler!  The Nitro is a very good set for the very little money it costs.... I loved my two sets of them I had.  The smaller drums I think are an advantage to learn on though.  Now I have all this room to hit... I agree with you Kari, the Nitro is quite adjustable and has lots of great kits and sounds... I can't really imagine someone needing something better...

the guitars sound really good...Boss has some really great guitar presets...
but I really dig Tim's lyrics and vocals as always... so darned creative... like a book on how to write lyrics that no one else can do.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

maxit

Cool song and drumming! I expected al di meola showing up for a short solo. Welcome back kari
recorder
Audacity

Pete C

Heard this a few times over the last couple of days - great catchy tune, love the guitar work by both of you. A cracking song !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Pipes

So very glad you're healing and on the mend my friend.

Drums are driving along nicely and effectively.

Catchy number through and through.

Great song construction, playing, singing and so dig those vocal harmonies.

Cheers chaps
Nick

cuthbert

Quote from: Redler on March 28, 2023, 11:31:01 PMAt first, I bought a second hand cheapo Alesis Light kit and I must say that Mesh Kit is much better. The volume level (and other parameters as well) of each pad is easily adjustable. For example the volume preset of hi-hat was far too loud. (Commonly known thing what I have read on reviews). Mesh Kit has more acoustic drum set feel. The only bad thing (for a beginner like me) is that snare and toms are smaller than on acoustic kits, but it's sure a common feature on e-drums.

Thanks, Kari. I am very tempted to get one based on your review. Not sure if the smaller pads would be a problem for me - I'd be trying to just improve my ability to get my feet and hands playing their parts in rhythm!

Now if I could only find a place to put them without the missus objecting...
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Kenneth

Good tune men, reminds me of Collective Soul style.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

BerryPatch

Man, what a cool song guys! I love the dissonant chuggy guitar and that chorus is absolutely stellar. Tim always seems to know how to approach a song, perfect vocal and lyrics for this!

Bluesberry

This is fantastic......awesome and delicious.....what a vibe....what a grove...you are a natural drummer Kari.....Greeny is on fire here......this is what it is all about

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand