Clock Made of Bones - Greeny Monday Original

Started by Greeny, March 27, 2023, 04:22:35 AM

Bluesberry

Sweet tune.....I need to come back for more listens ....love that twin guitar action....very emotional

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ray Brookes

Another great song from the Tim Green stable. The title alone is a brilliant play on words and the poignant lyrics are stellar. Cool production too and love those guitars.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

Quote from: Zoltan on March 27, 2023, 09:49:12 AMHearing this makes me wonder if i should try using the SM58 again :) Currently it's literally cathering dust on the floor...

I do think that the most important factor here is the singer. Greeny has his vocal act together and his vocs always sounds so clearly defined and articulate.

The guitars sound fantastic also and it's the clever arrangement and way of using just the right amount of effects that makes it all work so well.

This song has a great way of gently drawing the listener into it before upping the ante with the ear candy. Like those duelling guitars and swirly sounds that are to follow.

indeed the singer makes a major difference.  For quite a long time some great singers used SM57's even (which I don't like for vocals but if you eq them I suppose) in the studio.  58's are still a favorite of mine for live but I wouldn't hesitate to try it recording.  I do use my Senheiser e835 sometimes.  It's a dynamic mic and it does real well...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

thetworegs

I too think it's the voice not the mic that makes it sound so good this is one beauty of track

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

launched

Quote from: thetworegs on March 27, 2023, 02:21:36 PMI too think it's the voice not the mic that makes it sound so good this is one beauty of track

Fully agree, but us mortals need a fighting chance, you guys can belt it!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Kenneth

Another beauty Tim. Your songwriting " muscle" is a powerhouse. Ok , well you know what I mean.. love it.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

TPB

Had me with the title then it started playing and blew me away while I am a fan of all your work I would put this in the top ten
bravo
The other Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Redler

Like Mark says: sweeet!

The double guitar solo around 2:45 works extreamely well. Fine song, again!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

chapperz66

Wondrous stuff.  I have to shout out for the Hammond.  I love a bit of Hammond.  I really love this song.

Paul

Trist

You have a good vocal style and tone works really well on this track and is clear and shines through. Good feel to the track,