Help Me Let Go

Started by StephenM, March 26, 2023, 03:01:42 PM

StephenM

Help Me Let Go
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I'm in love with my Les Paul again... and with the volume pots low and using the nanomag pickup along with a touch of the humbucks...
3 rhythm tracks...
1 lead

I did two vocal ideas and used parts of both.  I realize that a lot of folks cannot dig my vibe with all the business in the vocals.  I understand.  But for those on the planet that think a bit like me, this is for you. 

the song is kind of a prayer, a confession, a love song

I loved all the time I spent on this.  It was worth it.

[url="https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=194667;type=preview;file"]Help Me  Let Go.mp3[/url]

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Redler

Fine and catchy song, Stephen! Double voice works nicely.

Nice job!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Les Pauls do a 'thing' that's very easy to love. The guitar work is superb (as is the drumming). The vocals are like a stream of consciousness that comes across quite psychedelic. Fine work!

launched

"Otherwise I'd be sleepin' on the couch" - Priceless!!

Yes, agree the rock is solid and the beat is good, and the vocal work seals the deal. You remind me of, wait for it... Nobody!!! The originator of originality, love it
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Kenneth

It's good! Dream like state vocals, like thoughts combined with the spoken word. I like it Stephen!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Bluesberry

So fine....sounds like an outtake from NeilYoung's "Sleeps with Angels" .....stellar.......damn this is good........you caught something here....and drink some coffee..........yeah baby

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

Quote from: Bluesberry on March 31, 2023, 11:29:49 AMSo fine....sounds like an outtake from NeilYoung's "Sleeps with Angels" .....stellar.......damn this is good........you caught something here....and drink some coffee..........yeah baby

I am a big fan of Neil Young's electric music... it hits me right in the good spots... most folks couldn't understand it... why I liked it so much... but man he rocked..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

BerryPatch

Cool guitar work here, it kind of has an 80s REM vibe, like "The One I Love". Great drumming and excellent, natural jam feel here.

Pru

i like this song. it has a particular 1980 feel. those guitars sound damn good and i like the freaky vocals