Burning Memories - Maxit & Greeny for new gear fest

Started by Greeny, March 25, 2023, 05:58:33 AM

Mike_S

Some inspired stuff right here. Some of those chords that drop in on keys are so beautiful. Tim that vocal is up there amongst your finest for me. I agree the strings/synths and bass are great. This hits a different spot for me than Billy Joel and Elton, but that's just how I am hearing it. I hear something really earthy and relatable. Lyrics are brilliant. Fav line "I'm too drunk to play my guitar". Fab.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

for drunk lyrics they're pretty darned special... its quite a song both lyrically and musically...

I could agree on BJ but I prefer to think this is total Greeny! 

but that piano is sublime.  great work men

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Bluesberry

Very strong song.........love it .........lyrics....wow........hopefully you weren't driving when you wrote the lyrics

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Jarle

This is just beautiful. It's like Lennon is resurrected and paired with Elton.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Ray Brookes

Love this. Excellent arranging/writing and that sparse piano accompaniment is just right. Great lyrics as always and that distant string motive that comes in about the two minute mark just lifts the song perfectly. Cool Lennon-style vocals too, Tim which I like a lot. Great work.
Ray Brookes

Trist

This is  such a classy song like a long lost early billy joel gem . your voice is excellent, loved the style and piano, lyrics and theme are great and a very cool ending, enjoyed this one a lot. i think i should switch to rum if this is the result.