Burning Memories - Maxit & Greeny for new gear fest

Started by Greeny, March 25, 2023, 05:58:33 AM

Greeny

Burning Memories_Greco&Green
Time:
0:00
Volume:
NewGearFest (banner image missing)

Max did this on his new, minimalist / miniaturised keyboard and studio. He will have to explain more.

I wrote the lyric staring at the sea in Dorset with a bottle of Captain Morgan's spiced rum.

Burning Memories

I'm burning memories - buildings to the floor
I'm burning memories - the wealthy and the poor
I'm burning memories - the bitter ones that linger
The ash is slipping through my fingers

the sun is setting on the bay
the birds like black dust on the last page of the day
and i'm too drunk to play my guitar
it's like a joke that went too far

i have a spyglass but it's turned the wrong way round
everything seems distant now - a winter merry-go-round
and i'm too drunk for all those clever words
i'm just a scarecrow for the birds

I'm burning memories - buildings to the floor
I'm burning memories - the wealthy and the poor
I'm burning memories - the bitter ones that linger
The ash is slipping through my fingers

thoughts recede like white-capped waves
on a sea of shame, regrets ride on these rafts i made
and i'm too drunk to play my guitar
it's like a joke that went too far

Blooby

I went for the Captain last week as well. My endeavor was apparently not as productive as you. Really beautiful tune. Your vocal phrasing reminds me of Billy Joel for much of this.

Blooby

Zoltan

Why is this so good?

I get that Billy Joel vibe too. The arrangement is immaculate. The sounds so divine. The vocals pure beauty with top notch lyrics to boot.

Is it the rum? Or is it the fact that you're burning memories whereas i'm burning rubber...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Farrell Jackson

It's great to hear the dynamic songwriting duo at it again and it's a beauty! Maxit, the piano sounds excellent and when the strings enter it just takes the song higher. Cool vocal and lyrics Tom!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

BerryPatch

Chilling song lads! Those lyrics are are incredible and the music is stellar too. The strings and bass are wonderful additions as well and they come in at the  right time. This reminds me of 70s Elton a bit perhaps but it's definitely got its own headspace. Really brilliant!

maxit

Ok, i explain the mini gear thing: i bought a mini M audio keyboard madeof 32 mini keys. it's a bit the dimensions of a diamonica. the idea was I am too lazy to put out the big keyboard (that is half broken, too) and I get frustrated when after putting out all the stuff nothing comes out. So in zero time I setup a mini keyboard + mobile phone studio. if nothing comes out it's zero time wasted. I discovered that its' funny too lol
recorder
Audacity

Kenneth

I really don't want to sound like an echo, but Billy Joel is exactly what I thought. I was actually listening to "My Life" yesterday... oh I love his music.
Love the lyrics here Tim, and the piano is very nice. Well played and recorded, hats off to you guys.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Got to agree, It's a lot like a billy Joel/ Elton John song from the 70'era. It's brilliant. I like the piano melody, nice bass, love the the strings and synths.
The lyrics and vocals are brilliant. Think I'll have to get a bottle of capn' morgan for inspiration!
Great collab.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Redler

Stunning piano ballad! The additions are just perfect...bravo, guys!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

"The ashes slip in through my fingers", what a silky smooth sound that is. You guys have hit some musical paydirt here, I love it! Great new gear assembly Maxit.

Cappie's and Coke, drank a lot of those when I was a kid. Full saturation. And then you smell like it in the morning lol!

Well inpired, well played & sung and, well...... Excellent!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover