Just back from hospital with covid

Started by Groundy, March 24, 2023, 11:26:31 PM

launched

Hi Alex, glad you are recovering well and want to wish you the best!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

alfstone

Quote from: Groundy on March 25, 2023, 07:31:34 AM
Quote from: alfstone on March 25, 2023, 02:34:58 AMSorry for what happened, but glad to know that you are back home safely. It makes think about the general opinion that Covid is over, and that now it's just a mild flu. I imagine they gave you Paxlovid, right? Did you have the complete vaccine cicle?

Alfredo

Thanks, Alfredo,to be honest I dont know what they gave me I got tablets, oxygen most of the night an ecg a chest xray, I have had very high blood pressure for months now 180 and over but recently they said they could not give me a higher dose as I was at the max so said they would try me with water tablets now I had been taking them for about a week before I took bad I told them my BP would be very high surprisingly it was normal must have been the water tablets, but Have been told not to take them for about 10 days along with my Lisinopril, something to do with hydration, I just can't believe how quick this happened it was the strange cough I had that made me check then a few hours later I was out the game, my wife woke me with a drink of water I was burning and just couldnt move it was scary, My brother got the same thing but just a cough for a few days then he was ok, they have given me a phone number in case I get breathless I have to phone and they will take me back in. hopefuully all will be ok I get a few little strange thing but nothing serious. Take care Alf speak soon.

If they gave you 3 pills twice a day, it was Paxlovid. But did I understand wrong, or actually your blood pressure is 180? If so, it must go down...lisinopril alone could not be enough. Anyway, feel free to contact me in private, if you want. After more than 700 treated Covid patients I have some experience about it. I think that the worse is behind you, but careful with the blood pressure.

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

cuthbert

Sorry to hear you got Covid, Alex - but very glad you got medical attention and are now on the mend.

Try to get some rest and take care of yourself. My mum (82 yrs old) had it recently, got prescribed paxlovid, and kicked it in a few days.

Hope you're up and running again soon!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Redler

Nice to hear you're back. Speedy recovery and take care, Alex!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

Sorry to hear you got it bad Alex, but great to hear you are on the mend. Take care.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

kenny mac

Wow Alex just read this hope your ok mate and get better.
I agree with greeny  I'm hearing the same in my work and surrounding area more people getting it but not getting reported the same.
Get well soon my friend.

bruno

Holy moly, that doesn't sound great. Glad to hear that you are on the mend Alex. Take care.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

TPB

Glad you are on the mend brother you are in my payers for a speedy recovery
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Frank53

Glad to hear you are recovering well. Welcome back.
Sorry you had such a bad time of it. It's quite unpredictable.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Groundy

Feeling quite a bit better, thanks everyone, for your kind comments.
Best Regards... Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs