Just back from hospital with covid

Started by Groundy, March 24, 2023, 11:26:31 PM

Groundy

Just a quick thank you to my friends for your nice comments on my couple of songs, I have been out of action for a few days with covid, I couldnt believe how quick it happened started with a cough for a couple of days I thought I would do a test to make sure and it was positive so it said keep away from people for 5 days but later on that dayI started burning up but shivering I went to bed about 3 hours later Fran brought a cold drink up to me but I couldnt move i was soaking with sweat so she called an ambulance. With about 20 mins they were there
they checked my temperature and put me on oxygen they said I would have to go into hospital because if I was lying there and couldnt get a drink I could get pneumonia I still couldnt move they had to get out of my bed into a chair and down the stairs into the ambulance. At the hospital they had a room ready for me, what a night I was put on oxygen most of the night they checked my blood pressure every hour took me for an xray, lreally thought it was the end of the line, the next morning I woke i got up felt almost normal couldnt believe it. They let me come home but with a special number to phone if i get short of breath, lately I have heard a lot of complaining about shortage of paramedics and problems waiting for ambulances but these guys were first there in a matter of mins had me checked and on oxygen and into the hospital in no time at all.
Althogh I am feeling ok i am not 100% lots of aches in my stomach and ribs with the coughing, but I will be fine, thanks again to you all, take care.. Alex is

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

alfstone

Sorry for what happened, but glad to know that you are back home safely. It makes think about the general opinion that Covid is over, and that now it's just a mild flu. I imagine they gave you Paxlovid, right? Did you have the complete vaccine cicle?

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Sorry to hear that Alex, take it easy and I hope you make a full recovery soon.    Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Sorry to hear that, and glad you're here to tell us about it. There are so many work colleagues who've had it over the last few weeks, but it's never mentioned by the media anymore. More people I know have had it recently than the (supposed) peaks. What strange times. Keep rockin'

Zoltan

Glad to hear things are looking bright again! Take it easy and soon you'll be good as new.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Groundy

Quote from: alfstone on March 25, 2023, 02:34:58 AMSorry for what happened, but glad to know that you are back home safely. It makes think about the general opinion that Covid is over, and that now it's just a mild flu. I imagine they gave you Paxlovid, right? Did you have the complete vaccine cicle?

Alfredo

Thanks, Alfredo,to be honest I dont know what they gave me I got tablets, oxygen most of the night an ecg a chest xray, I have had very high blood pressure for months now 180 and over but recently they said they could not give me a higher dose as I was at the max so said they would try me with water tablets now I had been taking them for about a week before I took bad I told them my BP would be very high surprisingly it was normal must have been the water tablets, but Have been told not to take them for about 10 days along with my Lisinopril, something to do with hydration, I just can't believe how quick this happened it was the strange cough I had that made me check then a few hours later I was out the game, my wife woke me with a drink of water I was burning and just couldnt move it was scary, My brother got the same thing but just a cough for a few days then he was ok, they have given me a phone number in case I get breathless I have to phone and they will take me back in. hopefuully all will be ok I get a few little strange thing but nothing serious. Take care Alf speak soon.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

Groundy

Sorry Alfredo, I had , had the first 2 jabs then never bothered with the 3 because everyone who had it were getting chest infections and things so I didn't bother, I thought Que, Sara Sara.
Possibly wrong...

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Farrell Jackson

I'm glad to hear you made it through the worst of it Alex. The quick response and care you received was excellent. Covid is still here and not to be taken lightly.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Blooby