"Down Home"Original Instrumental

Started by Johnbee, March 24, 2023, 11:57:50 AM

launched

I regret selling my F trombone, was very active in high school but dropped it like a bad habit before college. I disappointed a lot of people because there were expectations of concert band, etc. And my girlfriend at the time played clarinet. All I can say is some people were born to play clarinet and some were not... :)

Anyway, I am sorry you can't play the real thing anymore, but this arrangement sounds excellent as always!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Johnbee

Thanks so much Ron, Blooby, Steve (again), Kenneth, Darren & Launched.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Mike_S

Lovely piece, great that you composed this trying out the software. I can relate to your problems not being able to do what you once loved. My fingers have a hint of arthritus unfortunately in the fretting hand so I am sure some day it will call time on my guitar playing. This is great John, it has you style stamped on it.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Johnbee

Quote from: Mike_S on March 26, 2023, 03:54:45 PMLovely piece, great that you composed this trying out the software. I can relate to your problems not being able to do what you once loved. My fingers have a hint of arthritus unfortunately in the fretting hand so I am sure some day it will call time on my guitar playing. This is great John, it has you style stamped on it.

Mike

Thanks Mike :)
 :) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Bluesberry

Sweet sounds here...reminds me of the sound of the sax when Bowie would play it on his songs.....

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

BerryPatch

Wow, amazing composition John! So much emotion here, it's like Brian Wilson arranged for Van Der Graff Generator. Gorgeous sax melodies, especially when the harmony comes in. I really enjoy this!