I Got a Thing About You

Started by Ron D Bowes, March 24, 2023, 07:03:56 AM

Ron D Bowes

I Got a Thing About You (128)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I am sure a lot of musicians will empathise with the evolution of this track. I recorded a guitar melody to the drum track and called it "Reasons" with an idea of what the vocal melody would be. Hated it. Recorded a different tune with same drum track. Hated it! Recorded a third track and liked it. Got the vocal melody and wrote the lyrics - ready to go. Song now called "Give 'em Hell". Went to bed tired. But I couldn't sleep and entirely different melody came to mind and with that a different chorus, so then different lyrics!! And it was no use laying in bed. I had to get up at some unGodly hour to write the words down or I would forget them. Anyhoo, here is the final result - now called "I Got a Thing About You"

BerryPatch

Great track Ron, it's got a power poppy shine to it. Really catchy chorus and great backing vocals and chords. Creamy guitar work too! It sounds like a mid 70s hit record!

Ray Brookes

Been there, Ron. Laying in bed with some bloody song rattling around in my bonce. And, same as you I have to get up and work on the monster. This has a cool feel with nice guitar work and excellent vocals. Your choruses are always catchy if that's the right word. Keith (above) says this is like a 70's record and I partly agree but it also has a contemporary vibe. Did you want me to add in some banjo? LOL
Ray Brookes

Johnbee

That's a great hook there.  Fantastic.
 :) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

funkyaxe

launched

Love the tune, and those BG vox are killer!

Hell Yeah!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Blooby

Oh my good gosh golly, I love that lead tone. What was it?

Poppy goods with a catchy as all get out chorus. Ooh ooh ooh.

Blooby

Redler

Amazing job, Ron! I haven't heard that catchy chorus for a while. Fine song!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

That's what a killer chorus sounds like. Lots of great hooks flying around here - the 'nah-nah' bit is superb. Great guitars, great everything.

StephenM

Rocking Ron Bowes!  Always comes through!  This goes alot of directions especially that ending.  It starts out kind of like grunge but with a more seasoned singer.  This feels like alot of decades of rock rolled into one song.  That ending though goes back back back and feels like 60's toward early 70's...
classic

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner