Barbarians At The Gates

Started by Ray Brookes, March 23, 2023, 02:02:23 PM

funkyaxe

Touching song. Love the whole mix of this.

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Love the style of the lyrics ray, it's like Shakespeare wrote them, just great.
Also love the minimalistic music, it works perfectly. Love all the instruments. Great country vibe to it.  Just fantastic vocals..very catchy chorus.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

launched

The bg vox and guitar are hauntingly infectious, this tune is great! I was going to say more, but I'll just leave it with god bless those poor people who didn't deserve this madness that has been going on a long, long, long time.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Mike_S

Terrible situation that nobody really expected, except maybe the Ukranians who tried to warn us. I am a bit surprised it hasn't inspired more songs here on SC (unless I have missed them), but maybe it is so dark it's hard to put to music. But this works brilliantly Ray.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Beautiful & poignant. So expertly put-together, but it's those 'Keep that heart beating for me' parts with the backing vox that really blow me away. Amazing piece of work.

Frank53

Heartfelt dedication, Ray. Good lyrics, and I love the instrumentation employed.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Zoltan

Great piece of art. Strong storytelling.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

chapperz66

Poignant and heartfelt song, and as expertly performed and produced as always, Ray.

I'm a fan.

Paul

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Trist

Classy song Ray, love it, production , theme and the rhythm is excellent, has such a good feel to this . good subject matter and lyrics nicely conveyed, enjoyed this one  alot. need to catch up on your other songs, will be sunday though