Keep that heart beating for me

Oh, take a draft from my flagon of ale
We'll chase the dogs down along this winding trail
It is written; thy will be done
Once the farmer now the warrior that I've become
Keep that heart beating for me.
Ray Brookes

TPB

Really liked this one well done brother soft harp in the back ground adds to the mood
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Pete C

Really good song Ray - I was trying to understand the lyrics then spotted the dedication above them. It's all a senseless waste of lives on both sides to satisfy the ego of one man. Sad.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

StephenM

I am really into the imagery of the lyrics and I know some of those stories too...
good stuff.

the song has an fun side to it... a kind of mountain country vibe... it's quite organic and I like it..
lots of interesting details along the ride.  The singer is good as any i have heard and then some!
really loving that accordion

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Redler

Very touching lyrics to me...the Ukraine nation is fighting for us (The Finns). It's terrible to live next to criminal state, fortunately we are joining in Nato with in a few weeks...

Fine music and performance, as alaways.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kenneth

The song touches the heart Ray, very beautiful and powerful. The situation is unbelievable and I personally feel for all the families and children who have lost their joy in their childhood.
Love the biblical references in the lyrics.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

thetworegs

It's a terrible situation for the people of the Ukraine that we can all agree ... you've outdone yourself on this one Ray excellent lyrics love the chorus

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Ron D Bowes

Sweet guitar strumming and nice understated blues harp. You always write such great and deep lyrics. A true wordsmith. And is that the dreaded banjo creeping in? LOl. Nice one Ray!

BerryPatch

Incredible song Ray! The atmosphere is tangible here. Outstanding production and haunting backing vocals and harmonica and organ. I love the full arrangement here, so comforting yet reflective.

Johnbee

Interesting combination of compelling lyrical content to a laid back country/bluegrass music background but it works and works so well.  Great piece of work.
 :) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!