Vote for the Q2 (Apr/May/Jun) 2023 "Originals" festival

Started by 64Guitars, March 22, 2023, 11:54:35 AM

64Guitars

It's time to vote for our next two festivals which will run from April 1, 2023 to June 30, 2023. Voting starts now and runs for 8 days. You can change your vote any time until the closing of the poll on Thursday, March 30th. To do so, click "Remove vote" to cancel your previous vote, then vote again.

This poll is for the "Originals" festival. There is a separate poll for the "Covers" festival. Please vote in both polls.

Remember, "Covers" is covers only, and "Originals" is originals preferred but covers welcome unless otherwise stated in the festival's description.

• InLovingMemoryFest - Write an original song in tribute to our late Songcrafters who have passed away. See https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?board=115.0
  • NewsFest - Write an original song based on a story in the news. It doesn't necessarily have to be a major headline. You can choose any story you like. For example, it could be a local story that's only a few paragraphs long. And it doesn't have to be current news. You can choose a story from the past if you prefer. But it has to be a real story and you must provide a link to the story or an image of the clipping if it was found in a physical newspaper rather than on the web.

Suggestion (optional): There are lots of historic newspaper archives on the web. Try browsing some newspapers from the 1800s (for example) to find an interesting story that inspires you to write a song about it.
  • PetFest - Songs about pets.
  • Medical Condition Fest - Songs about medical conditions.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

StephenM

man these would all be great fests in their own way... too fun all the way around except obviously the first one...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

64Guitars

Voting closed. The winner is...

NewsFest (banner image missing)

Write an original song based on a story in the news. It doesn't necessarily have to be a major headline. You can choose any story you like. For example, it could be a local story that's only a few paragraphs long. And it doesn't have to be current news. You can choose a story from the past if you prefer. But it has to be a real story and you must provide a link to the story or an image of the clipping if it was found in a physical newspaper rather than on the web.

Suggestion (optional): There are lots of historic newspaper archives on the web. Try browsing some newspapers from the 1800s (for example) to find an interesting story that inspires you to write a song about it.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website