The Police

Started by StephenM, March 20, 2023, 09:33:32 AM

StephenM

The Police
Time:
0:00
Volume:
An instrumental born of drum practice.

I have been working on some drums to present my drum instructor.  He is a percussionist.  He said he hasn't had any pupils like me...lol... I already knew that..

so I recorded drums after all the family went on their way for the day...

I added a gated reverb effect to the snare (effect that exists on the Zoom L-20...)

I mixed the drums to 2 tracks and then I did a Harley Benton PRS copy guitar track through the boss ME-25.

Then I added the Shecter Omen bass track through a clean effect on the boss.

mixed on the Zoom L-20 and mastered with Masterdesk in Audacity.

btw///   thank you so much to all who take the time to listen to these crazy things.... I think they are worth it but... your time is valuable and I so appreciate you very much..

also these are all first take .... all the way through

I love all of you so very much.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

BerryPatch

Aptly titled, it sounds like the kind of studio jams those guys got into in between recording "Message In A Bottle" and "Don't Stand So Close to Me". Excellent interplay between the guitar and drums. That bass is so locked in its almost like a metronome! Great tones all around here as well.

Bluesberry

You are actually taking drum lessons......that is so cool man......you have a lot of interesting things going on....I'm not sure I would have the patience or drive to stick with something like lessons at this point in my life....lol........so good to hear that you are pursuing this passion of yours......you are the dude.......I'd love to have you for a neighbour ...........and, yes, I love listening to your jams, so much joy and positivity in this stuff.........love that groove that starts around 3:50 ish point..............your soul is shining through in this track....and it's fantastically pleasing

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ron D Bowes

Ideal track to apply the discipline of drums. Add some keyboards and you've got a Stewart Copeland style theme for a cop show!

StephenM

Quote from: Ron D Bowes on March 21, 2023, 06:03:41 AMIdeal track to apply the discipline of drums. Add some keyboards and you've got a Stewart Copeland style theme for a cop show!

hadn't thought of keys but that is a good idea.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

chapperz66

Brilliantly wild, Stephen.  You know - I usually find the time to listen to your stuff.  And when I do - I always see it through to the end.   :)

And - what's more - I keep coming back.!

Paul

Farrell Jackson

A cool jam and drum practice Stephen! You are the energizer bunny on those drums. My hands and arms got tired just listening to the pace you had on the snare throughout the song. Practice makes perfect as they say.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Zoltan

I started writing my comments on this song yesterday, but then felt like i would need to hide as the cops were out to get me...

And i'm still getting the same kind of vibes. I don't know what you did here, but i'm hearing the sounds of the men in blue.

Your drum teacher is a percussionist? Well... Now he has met the Animal :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

TPB

cool jam sounds like you were really getting into it nice
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

launched

You know when I saw the title it reminded me of a long time ago. A buddy of mine had a roommate with a drumkit set up on the porch. And every Saturday night he would bang on those things for about an hour and a half, and every time the Sheriff would show up to tell him to cut the shit. He was really good by the way, just not a good spot to play.

Anyway this is really good, has a jazzy Nick Mason type beat to it. Original as hell, but I'm getting pre DSOTM vibes for sure.

Like your style bub!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover