Well Hello Songcrafter Gang!

Started by Kenneth, March 19, 2023, 11:48:18 PM

Kenneth

I hope you're doing well.

It's been so long, I don't know anything of news with you all.

I'm glad to see some of the originals here are still making new music!
Fantastic!

So... where to start...

First, I have not made a single recorded note since I took my leave.
My 33 year marriage has ended, I'm now a bachelor living by myself in a studio apartment. We sold the house and split the assets. This was because I cannot subscribe to her high control religious organization. And yet, I have my faith. I believe in Jesus as my saviour, but she kicked me to the curb anyway. There must be a song in there.

So.. where now? Wherever the Lord leads me.

I think of you ALL many times.

I saw the " love letter to songcrafters", and it was so true.
How much have we given of ourselves for the song.. emptying out to get it recorded. The true expression. Whether blasting anger or strumming through tears.

It's about love. It's about communicating. Community... connections... self expression...

I was always too lazy to learn to play like Chappers, Kenny, Mark, and everyone of you. Always wished I  could sing like Tim and so many here! It gave me a thrill though to collaborate and find new , weird sounds. The weirder the better! Lol Who can forget the oldrottenhead speedy songs and the Hillary silliness, the Tworegs intensity and the the Stephen positivity. Wonderful.

We all made some great tunes. I have shared some with friends.Positive thoughts all around.

What a quick decade! Whew!

So anyway, I miss the back room conversations with you guys. I thank you for the things that you taught me.

Keep rockin' in the free world...

oh that's so cheesy... lol

How about - keep having the time of your lives!

Take care guys and gals.

"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

chapperz66

Good to hear from you, Kenneth but sorry to hear that you have had a difficult time of it. Stay strong.
Paul

bruno

It is good to hear you. Oh that sad to hear that one of our songcrafter brothers is going through such a rotten time. Its difficult to see the light when everything is so dark, but the light is there. It sounds like time for a new chapter, stay positive, stay strong, follow a path and see where it may lead. The only constant is change, so things will get better for you,
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

kenny mac

Great to hear from you but sad that you have had such a bad journey lately.
You always contributed so well and  gave us great tunes to work with.
The door is always opened for communication Kenneth.
Hope things work out for you .

thetworegs

Good to hear from you again sorry to hear of your bad news. Stay strong mate,  things will improve. 

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Redler

It's hard to find words. I wish all the best to you, my friend.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Quote from: Kenneth on March 19, 2023, 11:48:18 PMI saw the " love letter to songcrafters", and it was so true.

Hey Kenneth!

As someone who's been through some trials in the last 10 years – a failed marriage in particular – I can feel what you are going through. There were times when I thought that the anger and grief was chronic – that I'd never shake it, as much as I wished not to have either. Grief doesn't work that way.

It's great to see you have a dog. Dogs can help you get through some shit – a little structure to your life: Feed. Walk. Pet. Repeat.

I almost ended up with custody of a dog after my divorce, but "they" decided that my ex-wife's other ex-husband needed the canine comfort more than I did – he was dying of brain cancer. See? Things could be worse.

Eventually I wrote a couple of angry songs – there are some lines in "Inner Philistine" that nobody will ever understand but me, but damn it was good to put them out there into the world.

What I'm trying to say is: Keep plugging away. Be honest with yourself. Take care of yourself physically. Move. Walk the dog. Walk the dog some more. You'll end up in a good place again.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Hook

I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles and trials brother. We are here for you! Music is there for you!
Reach out if you if you need or just want to.
Rock on my friend!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Oldrottenhead

hi Kenneth, hope you are hanging in there. awrabest fae Jimbo.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

StephenM

Kenneth,
first off I know what divorce is like.  Happened to me after 20 years in 1999 and I thought I was going to die.  I couldn't breathe.  It was absolutely necessary however.  Thank you for sharing with us about your life.  I know folks like you describe.  You can never measure up to their standard.  Thankfully I have been set free of such ideas anymore.  Once you are downstream of the pain a bit I am certain your life will find fabulous new horizons! 
I hope that you can start coming around SC again as your vibe is very much missed by me.  I always enjoy your posts. 
  I am glad you are ok.
blessings to you sir!
Stephen

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner