The Descendence

Started by Bluesberry, March 19, 2023, 04:03:07 PM

launched

This is a prog masterpiece, you perfect the craft every time!! Not five minutes, not six minutes but a seven and a half minute jam packed musical expression! I gigged with a buddy of mine for a little bit and reminds me we had one called "Three Levels of Heaviness" - Not one level, not two levels but three full levels of heaviness lol.

And this is not by any means just a long playing song. You have interlocked the concept completely throughout your musical wonderment. Keith's bass is impressive with that sweet display of fluency and groove! And great guitar playing bud, you are indeed the one and only Bluesberry!!

While writing I've played it four times so I just bathed in a half hour of quality music.

Hell, I might even go to a T-Ho's and drive past the order screen, straight to the drive thru do no pass go, do not collect $200, pretend my truck broke down and crank this f*cker for the full 7 and a half minutes! That might make the news so I probably shouldn't do that... Or maybe I will... (I broke my NYER of no elipsis in honor of this tune)

And yes: Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

TPB

Way to pull on from the deep you have always been a inspiration to me since I started playing and boy this did not disappoint plus it is a father son collab even better
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

cuthbert

Epic in scope, I love the guitars and bass, piano, vocals and all those changes that intertwine and cycle back again. It all fits together like a Swiss watch.

Prog-on, gentlemen!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

StephenM

Quote from: launched on March 21, 2023, 06:42:30 PM"Three Levels of Heaviness"

would love to hear that!  Must be a spoof on "3 levels of heaven"

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Kenneth

Nicely done Dave. Some fantastic changes and sounds in there, and that Les Paul always sounds good in your hands. Love the feedback ending too.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

thetworegs

Love that beginning my cap was set and what a coming storm from brass to bass got the ooh yeahs going almost had to run to the cupboard for the spandex but thought better of it as it is early morning here....loving the lyrics " eyes open wide and we're running out of time to turn the water into wine " ain't that the truth a real beauty of a track my cap is tipped to you sir

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Redler

Great songwriting and performance! This has a strong 60's/70's vibe to my ear...

Brilliant job by both of you!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

So fine. Such an epic feel, but not overcrowded or over-done - everything sits nicely balanced and necessary. The chords in that 'Whether I die today' section are so gorgeous. The piano really helps to keep everything moving along. And that final harmonised solo - get outta here! Magic! Big, ambitious and excellent. 

StephenM

the intro keyboard on this reminds me of the great single by Jefferson Starship "If Only You Believe In Miracles"....

this song is strong throughout and goes in many directions, which is not uncommon for this artist, based on what I have heard....  this is great mix too... lots of polished power here...  I can hear where Keith gets it from but you are totally different too...

interesting side note on that sort of thing:  the last 2 months at open mic a man 10 years older than me comes and plays and sings... he is really a great guitarist... plays some wicked lines on a Gibson... very clean.... his son, maybe in 30's late or so shows up now and is really good too... but they don't play anything alike... but I can hear some things that make me go "oh yes, I can hear Earl in that".... quite special...

You gotta know what you are doing to get the drums to sound like this too... this song brings the rock and it brings the roll and it is filled with energy...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

launched

Was badass, is badass and will forever continue to be badass.

Actually, earns the right to "Epitome of Badassity"!!!!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover