Max Is A Dog

Started by StephenM, March 19, 2023, 03:23:48 PM

StephenM

Max Is A Dog
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I love the converging energies that exist within the confines of this song.  This is 3 chord garage rock.  However, I came up with the drums after spending the morning at church and after lunch going to the retirement home to sing hymns with several guitar players, a pianist (my wife) and 10 singers.  The residents love it when we come and it such a happy time for all.  We sing and play for an hour straight.  I play harmonica the whole time. 

Then there is the practice do...

drums, trying to be simple but pocketed... then guitar one track Harley Benton single coil.  One Shecter bass track... two "vocals"

Crazy stuff here... Max is my sisters dog and I got him to bark on this at just before 3:00...

I am trying to free my playing and singing, to be free of fences...and boundaries.. not there yet... but it's getting fun tryingMax Is A Dog.mp3[url="https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=194639;type=preview;file"]Max Is A Dog.mp3[/url] 20230319_175650.jpg

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

SE

Anyway your a nice man after church and the retirement home.That was my thing up until recently, maybe the church on the odd occasion.
Anyway sounds like a great live recording and everyone was having fun  to a Zappa style tune, cool stuff  enjoyed it lots!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Mike_S

Damn if you are trying to free yourself of boundaries singing and playing you are certainly doing a good job. Your stuff is the essence of free spirit to me. Some really great riffing on this Steve. Yes a little Zappa on this, but it's all your own style at the same time and how good is that. I love dogs and the joy they bring. Fantastic. Loving the oohhs and aaahhhs at the end!

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Love this ......sheer joy man......love the git ''em Max bit........I hear a bit of Ween here myself.....

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Jean Pierre

My dog Jahia loved it but she doesn't understand all the lyrics except the" whooch whooch" which is a ubiversal dog lagnage ;)

Is there any special reason why you put your Max on my topic cover "simple man" ? ;)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Groundy

Just love this Stephen, got me smiling while drinking my coffee,
It brought back memories of when I was in Saudi Arabia, There was a dog I called Max I used to feed him every day he lay under a tree outside my office window day and night at temperatures over 40 degrees, and his face had more scars than butchers chopping block he would let me feed him and nothing else, When I went home for a few weeks leave I asked a pal to feed him but told him not to try and touch him, Max was full of fleas and this mate of mine decided to buy him a flea collar all went well until he tried to put it on him, 6 stitches in his hand
Anyway, pal I am getting away from your great song, really good well done, and thanks for the memories of my, Mad Max, as he was called.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Love this stephen..some great improvisation going on here. That cant be easy to do either, but it all works and sounds great and fun. Love max's part lol.
nice drumming, great guitars. and love your voice and the fits of giggles.
(Also nice touch going to the retirement home.)  :)
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

StephenM

Quote from: Jean Pierre on March 20, 2023, 12:29:04 AMMy dog Jahia loved it but she doesn't understand all the lyrics except the" whooch whooch" which is a ubiversal dog lagnage ;)

Is there any special reason why you put your Max on my topic cover "simple man" ? ;)

that was a glitch caused by the site... I had multiple windows open and it assigned it wrong.  I removed it... funny I will remove it again.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

StephenM

Quote from: Groundy on March 20, 2023, 02:42:24 AMJust love this Stephen, got me smiling while drinking my coffee,
It brought back memories of when I was in Saudi Arabia, There was a dog I called Max I used to feed him every day he lay under a tree outside my office window day and night at temperatures over 40 degrees, and his face had more scars than butchers chopping block he would let me feed him and nothing else, When I went home for a few weeks leave I asked a pal to feed him but told him not to try and touch him, Max was full of fleas and this mate of mine decided to buy him a flea collar all went well until he tried to put it on him, 6 stitches in his hand
Anyway, pal I am getting away from your great song, really good well done, and thanks for the memories of my, Mad Max, as he was called.

Isn't that part of what songs are for Alex?  Bring up good memories!  Glad you liked it and thanks for sharing about Max

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

Zoltan

Dogs rule! and so do you!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper