Song fragment: Hey Judy

Started by des0free, March 14, 2023, 11:36:37 AM

des0free

HeyJudy
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Edit: expanded version in 3rd post below (in response to Zoltan's encouragement)

I have not enough time to try to expand (and most likely not enough songwriting talent).

Was just fooling around with:

- A chord progression mentioned on Justin Guitar youtube
- Iphone Garage band drums (Logan AM Gold)
- Fender Mustang P90 guitar into CLA guitars plugin ("Crunch" reamp)
- Ibanez mikro bass (new) into Amplitube 4 SVT Fingered Pop Bass 1

Only after improvising the vocal and typing the file name did I wonder was my subconscious morphing the phrase 'Hey Jude'?
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Zoltan

I think this sounds nice already. You should have just kept on going and let it all hang out. Whatever you were going to tell to that Judy you could have told us.

So spill the beans and you've got a song done.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

des0free

HeyJudy2
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Quote from: Zoltan on March 14, 2023, 11:50:50 AMI think this sounds nice already. You should have just kept on going and let it all hang out. Whatever you were going to tell to that Judy you could have told us.

So spill the beans and you've got a song done.

Hey thanks for the encouragement! I don't actually know who "Judy" is, but I was thinking what kind of lyrics would Zoltan write for the second verse and came up with this.  ;D  And then decided to fade it out to produce a "completed" (>1 minute long) song  ;D
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Zoltan

Quote from: des0free on March 14, 2023, 01:35:15 PMbut I was thinking what kind of lyrics would Zoltan write for the second verse and came up with this.

I THINK i might be a bad influence! Hearing how the song started in the best of Des0free manner and escalated fast :D

Anyway what i was getting into was... You know how to make songs. The only thing holding you back is this:
Quote from: des0free on March 14, 2023, 11:36:37 AM(and most likely not enough songwriting talent).
Which ain't true.

Just do the songs like you want to without too much second guessing. You can always re-write them if you're not happy and/or do new ones.

Trust me... And things escalate fast :)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

BerryPatch

Very cool Desofree! I hope to hear a fuller production of this soon. That second verse is hilarious, I definitely see the Zoltan connection! Reminds me of a song Ween would write around their Chocolate and Cheese album. In fact they have a track with a similar sentiment...a tender ballad known as "Baby Bitch".  ;)

StephenM

Doug,
you don't know this but there are people that will love your voice... for one I do!  That whore line is strong... wow...

you don't know Judy but I do and it is a darned good thing you don't... I managed to escape that... whew...

the song flows nice... and this does sound like a wanderlust or love song... but you could do a powered up and more energized version kind of quasi punk/new wave/alt ....

it has a nice ring... and is worth finishing, even if it takes you another year.... so what.  glad you could find a bit of time for something you love doing... and glad I heard this.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner