Drivin' Rain Boogie

Started by Ron D Bowes, March 13, 2023, 07:35:19 AM

Ron D Bowes

Drivin' Rain Boogie
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I fancied playing some ZZ Top / Canned Heat style Boogie. So here is my down and dirty boogie type song. I had a real blast doing this one.

Farrell Jackson

Boogie on Ron! Some real cool bluesy harp work. The tradeoff between the guitar and the harp works great. The bit of scat ("bibbity bop") singing made me smile. Some good vox and words also!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Redler

A real toe tapper boogia at its best! The harp is just brilliant. Reminds of Lee Brilleaux style.

Well done, Ron!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ray Brookes

Oh yeah, this rocks along in that great boogie style. Excellent harp & guitar work, Ron and you have them panned just right for that question and answer thing. Love this kinda Canned Heat groove.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

This don't start out like ZZ Top... but it rocks just as good... and then it does get toward that for sure... I loved that intro... it was hell and back..
and then it settles into something a little less tame... lol... This song is like a pack of wild mustangs after a week of attempting to tame them a bit... there is just no taming this artist...

rock and roll 

I am still lost in the guitars and groove...oh yeah...there are words and singing.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

launched

Started listening to this one and liking it off the bat - Then the backing vox kicked in and I was blown away!

Really good tune, love it!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Zoltan

Ron is the Boogie man. When it rains it pours from the sounds of it. The intro is more mean and a bit more "Detroit" than usual for Ron. There's not a hint of Rolling Stones to be heard in this one. I think the guys from the Stones would be wetting their diapers hearing a tune like this.

The vocals are great, the playing is tight as a mongoose skin with a similar scent to it. More Canned Heat than ZZ Top. The backing vocals add a nice contrast to the song as a whole and that wind pipe thing with holes you're blowing wind into sounds fantastic.

(I could have just wrote harmonica, but i was having a case of forgetism and saving words doesn't save the planet so let's ramble!).

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

BerryPatch

Boogie woogie! Cool rocking track Ron,  wicked guitar and vocals here. Nice harp and lyrics as well. 

SE

Cracking groove, then the rocking harp, yes cool!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Bluesberry

Love the way it starts out......this is dirty blues man..........let the rain wash away the grit........it's a torrent.......

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand