Markus (instrumental litlr)

Started by StephenM, March 12, 2023, 07:29:45 PM

StephenM

Markus
Time:
0:00
Volume:

Markus is an instrumental named after our son Markus.  He heard something I was playing and wanted to come on board.  So he got on the very old Kawai keyboard, , and played piano.
the drums and bass came about in the Digitech Trio after I strummed some lovely e minor   c   stuff in it....
my heart is soaring in joy...

there is something magical about making music with someone so close... it's so amazing.

I am trying to think that every time I pick up an instrument now I want to play it as though I am holding it for the very last time.  The guitar has been a comfort to me over many many years.  Some of my most difficult times in life the string vibrations were a constant source of hope and light.  There were many periods of years where I didn't play at all, didn't even have any guitars.  I suppose that was a mistake but it also made me more hungry when I came back.  To have the knowledge that Silsa, (my wife and Markus' mom) and myself have been able to transfer some of our love for music to our son really blesses my soul.  To hear that he has a much finer sense of music than me but also can go more toward raw like I would.  His mom would not... so I suppose the end result could be a really good musician... that will up to Markus... I never push him at all... I never tell him to play or practice or anything... I figure that motivation has to come from love inside, otherwise it is just mechanization.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

Very nice instrumental, Steve and excellent playing from you both. I was trying to figure out the time signature - is it something unusual or are my old ears playing tricks on me?
Ray Brookes

StephenM

Quote from: Ray Brookes on March 12, 2023, 11:35:28 PMVery nice instrumental, Steve and excellent playing from you both. I was trying to figure out the time signature - is it something unusual or are my old ears playing tricks on me?

this started Ray with two chords that I strummed into the Trio.... basically e minor and c.  I think the different time came from the transition from the e minor to the C... the trio interprets my timing and then makes a bass line and drums for it (and there are variances that can be selected as well, such as blues, rock, alt rock, metal etc).  I have a pretty good sense of rhythm but I generally can't count a 4/4 versus a 3/4 etc...
when I was asking Markus what he was playing later he said basically everything in that e.... sorry about the vague answer.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ron D Bowes

I can understand the bond that would be formed playing alongside kin. Unfortunately, no one of a musical bent in my family - I am THE black sheep!. Nicely woven clab. Worked out well. Congratz to both of you.

Redler

Really fine instrumental song. I'm listening to this via phones and it sounds great. This is so relaxing and beautiful. Well done Stephen and Markus!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Farrell Jackson

A cool instrumental with your son on piano and with the Trio backing you up, Stephen! I'm lucky as well (my wife calls it a curse, lol) to have my son follow in my musical footsteps. The Digitech Trio is a fun pedal to jam with. I have one also. As far as it changing the tempo according to how you are playing is kind of cool but makes it harder to add in tracks afterwards. I've not tried it yet but often wondered how it would work if one played to a click track and just recorded the bass and drums to separate tracks. I'm not sure that is possible, but you've given me some inspiration to hook up the Trio again and give it a go. I'm glad you had sone fun recording with your son...I can hear it in the music!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Pete C

That's a very pleasant instrumental - love the improvisation on the guitar, it works just right and Markus's keyboards sound excellent. Must be great to be able to jam with family members - my son's never showed much interest in playing a musical instrument. I'm counting the tempo as maybe 6/4 ? Probably wrong !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

launched

I really dig this one Stephen - You both put down a helluva show here. Dreamy and smooth flowing.

It's magical!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Zoltan

I waited until i was able to listen to this while driving and it was worth it. Mind blown. Freeform yet cohesive. Musically interesting and at times even flashy. You're such a dynamic duo!

Miles Davis never had it this good. Moores Brew i'd say!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

thetworegs

Loving this Stephen we need more of this from you two .....did I tell I love it ....the keys the guitar drums the whole thing gets the oooh yeahs going

If Life is a dream then use your imagination