She's Calling the shots.

Started by kenny mac, March 12, 2023, 06:17:41 PM

kenny mac

Calling The Shots(final) (online-audio-converter.com)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
NewGearFest (banner image missing)

Another one on the gr55.
I wanted to try a sing with a rockabilly vibe.
Found a setting and stripped some of the stupidity off it and underneath was a guitar sound That fitted that shuffle I had in my head.
Originally had a bass sound on it but on clicking through the endless  presets found a nice fat bass sound  and added that along with the 1st one.
Hope you like it

BerryPatch

What groovy little number! It has an Elvis Costello kind of vibe. It seems that like rockabilly vibe had a revival in the 80s and this sounds like it would be right at home with those sorts of track from that decade. Great production, especially on the vocals and nice, ripping guitar solo.

StephenM

shuffle is right...my feet are shufflin all over the house... this is grand KM... from that clean chord strum to that groovin bass line to that lead...
not to mention the vocals are stellar

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ron D Bowes

Well got that rockabilly style right. Nice foot tapper with aptly delivered vocals. And catchy too.

Redler

Brilliant rockabilly tones and great rockabilly tune! Bravo, Kenny!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ray Brookes

Love this! What a great feel and love that walking bass line. Cool guitar work, Kenny and that solo is a killer.
Ray Brookes

launched

Time to booooogie!!! This is awesome Kenny - A pro sounding and well written tune. Superb! Awesome!! Killer!! Excellent!! Fantastic!! Smashing!! And...

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!! :)
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

thetworegs

Loving that riding bass rides the track along great ...great vocals too and that solo lets boogie

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Farrell Jackson

Rockabilly at its finest Kenny! The walking bass line and tone really keeps the bottom anchored down. Great lead vocal and the backing vox are cool. When the horns enter, they elevate the sound. The lead solo fits in just right. Nice work at getting an authentic Rockabilly sound!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

kenny mac

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on March 14, 2023, 08:47:23 AMWhen the horns enter, they elevate the sound.
Thanks Farrell ,I was wondering who was going to be 1st to comment  on the horns.
They are right at the end only and 
thought they lifted the track to a grand finally, thanks everyone for the great comments as always it moves me on to the next one.