Dancin' on Embers

Started by Ron D Bowes, March 08, 2023, 06:07:54 AM

Ron D Bowes

Dancin' On Embers
Time:
0:00
Volume:
The Last track on my current album "Blues, Booze and Bad News". This is a straight rocker called "Dancin' on Embers" - influenced by the Rolling Stones and Rory Gallagher.

Ray Brookes

Always classy rock from you, Ron. That rhythm guitar a la Stones sounds so good and cool soloing too. Production is first class, mate and that rocky vocal of yours always delivers. Now, go buy a banjo.
Ray Brookes

chapperz66

Classic hard driving rock song with stadium filling levels of hooks.  Catchy as hell.  Particularly fond of the harmonics at the start of the solo lines.

Great song.

Paul

kenny mac

This has a stones feel to it.
Kinda jumping jack flash vibe.
Music is tight,that bass drum and bass guitar kick ass.
Nice rocker.

StephenM

I kind of am hearing your stones love more lately... likely it has been there all along... but I do think your songs do have a real sense of southern rock, more in the vain of the heavier stuff like Molly Hatchet... your rhythm guitars have guts and rock along with the low end and drums... really good mixes in headphones... I haven't listened yet in speakers...

cool lead too... I need to learn some Rolling Stones tunes...

your vocals always hit the sweet spot... and I love the backers here as well... superb recording there mate

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

I dig it when Ron D "Rolling Stones" Bowes pops his head up! The rhythm guitars, bass and drums hit the target with bullseye precision. Are you sure you didn't get Keef to play on this? Great lead and backing vocals. That's a tasty lead solo. Nice work Ron!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

launched

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Mike_S

Quote from: launched on March 08, 2023, 08:44:43 PMCool tune Ron!!

Yeah very cool tune Ron. Great vocal and just a top no nonsense rocker. Some lovely touches, love those backing "oooh" vocals and really dig that rhythm guitar.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Blooby

The background vocals lift this tune beautifully. Quite the rocker. Love the way you sell your voice.

Love the title of the album. A classic.

Blooby

SE

Really has a Stones vibe, could see it on one of their albums.
Even has Keef on guitar,cool!!
recorder
Boss BR-80