"The Get Up Sandwich"

Started by Blooby, March 03, 2023, 05:23:18 PM

Blooby

Get Up (160 kbs) - Blooby
Time:
0:00
Volume:

The outer buns of this instrumental burger started as a potential vocal tune that John and I kicked around. Perhaps, we'll resurrect it, but in the meantime, I was having fun with a Tonex pedal (about half of this has the pedal on it). The burger portion was something where I was futzing with a Boss SY-200. Not sure they go together, but it's a bit of a journey at least.

Peace.

Blooby

cuthbert

Nice 'n funky little number - it sounds like a vocal will fit right in the funky parts. And totally digging that burger portion, btw.

Off-the-charts playing, and very well put together.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

yeah baby, that bass is rocking as is everything else.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

StephenM

funky and king cool... and then that Frank Zappa lead kicks in (ok, pick others as well but the comp does fit there)...

love the bass and percussion as well.

It sounds a bit like Eric Johnson style in spots... I love stuff like this... very creative and lots of directions...
as always i add your stuff to my thumb drive for later listening whilst traversing about.

I think the effects you are using sound amazing

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Frank53

Funky goodness, and some slick chords.
Cool atmospherics injected in there also.
Great synth, drum, and guitar parts, melded together well.
Love the composition and production.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Zoltan

That Tonex pedal sounds great! Did you use it for the bass also?

That part where the cosmos started calling felt like a combination of late 70's cartoons and prog-rock album art. I was half-expecting for a professor to pop out and tell me about something important. Like the mating habits of toenail snails.

That funky drumming did a thing for me too. In the end i walked with the notion that you guys know how to play!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

this is really cool. great funky track, the bass is brilliant. that lead guitar really impressive, some really nice tones. i love the different change in styles half way through. excellent playing and production is top notch.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

launched

This is awesome. Loved the burger part, it had a little electro cheese as well. The buns though, contained a very wholesome and staple Bloob punch that makes the whole arrangement worth "eating".

Great tune!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

maxit

What a trip lol.... i like the arp  contrasting with the rock section, burger like, and wow, that guitar tones...
recorder
Audacity

Blooby

Quote from: Zoltan on March 04, 2023, 08:29:28 AMDid you use...[the Tonex pedal]...for the bass also?

I used the "classic bass" patch on my Eleven Rack. I have used the Tonex for bass, but I need to tweak a bit more. I have yet to plug into the community where there are 1,000's of uploaded amp captures. I am certain I will find some great stuff eventually, but I just need some time. For now, I am having fun with tweaking some presets.

Many reviews said it took folks to start downloading before they got fully onboard so I am looking forward to what is out there. I know there are multiple captures of Joe Bonomassa's Dumbles, and I heard a few great Vox and Fender tones. I don't care too much about the high gain stuff except for the odd tune or solo.

I got an HX Stomp to have a crack at the Helix tones, and I ended up returning it. That is no slight on the unit, but I didn't feel that it moved things forward for me vs. the cost. I feel differently about this unit, and I am just scratching the surface.

Of course, I drink too much and am considered insane in polite circles.

Thank you sincerely for listening to the tune.

Blooby