"Hidden Hand" w/Lurker

Started by Blooby, March 03, 2023, 05:12:45 PM

Ray Brookes

What a great sound! That guitar work is fantastic and awesome production skills presented here. Stellar vocal performance and great lyrics. Love that ending with the fading vocal.
Ray Brookes

chapperz66

This is great. Really strong song songwriting.  Big guitars.  Big vocals.  Big production.  And so catchy. 

I'll be singing this today. 

Paul

kenny mac

Drums are massive on this.
Lurkers on top form.
Guitar bites like a shark, I like the way the guitar changes I to a more subtle style before attacking  again .
Full blast on my stereo in the car and it rocks.
Like the tone on that lead as well.
Excellent.

Pipes

Great guitar licks..

communication between the guitar and vocals is so spot on.

Nice one chaps

Reminds me a bit of the Tom Robinson band

Nick

godinqc

I really liked the vibe of this song, great mixing/production. Great vocals and guitar licks
Great work
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Mike_S

Another great piece of song writing guys, creative and unique as ever. Do love the sound of that guitar. Class lads.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Blooby

Quote from: launched on March 07, 2023, 04:48:46 PMOne thing I would like to point out is you write very "singable" music.

I appreciate the sentiment, but there are definitely some curveballs thrown Lurker's way. He has had to sing over 3/4, 5/4, 7/8...I even threw 11/8 at him one day. He has scatted, done four part harmonies, created a Gentle Giant-like vocal round along with anything else this Four Roses bourbon is inhibiting me from recalling. We don't normally slap each other on the back, but I am super appreciative not only of his willingness to tolerate my musical eccentricities but actually amplify them to take them farther. This doesn't even take into account the tunes he brings in for me to twirl my imaginary moustache and attempt to subvert.

Blooby

launched

I always thought this two man team was (and is) great. They say real men don't give high fives, but I do and am proud of it. Give yourselves (In a Philadelphia accent) a cupla too tree high fives!

Whatever time signature and song idea, glad you both have worked together as a team and with huge success musically.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Greeny

John is reminding me of Jack Bruce on the verses. This is gorgeous and heavy psych-rock - right up my street. Interesting lyrical subject matter too - Jungian collective unconscious... nature versus nurture.

Oh yeah - and the guitar work is fucking awesome!!!!!