Reaper

Farrell Jackson

recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

cuthbert

Happy birthday, Andy - hope it's a good one!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

AndyR

Cheers guys :)

I'm in "deep lurk" mode at the moment - work and various health issues slowing me down - but I do pop in to check everyone is still going at least once a week.

Haven't written anything for nearly a year now (last Feb wore me out!!) but I am playing (and buying!) a LOT of guitar and bass.

Had a really relaxing day setting up the latest strat. I think that's number 6... lost count.

I've finally bought a "modern" strat, most of mine are vintage spec. This one has the two point trem... 22, TWENTY TWO!!! frets etc.

It's also the first USA one I've bought - all the others are Mexican or Japanese.

It arrived yesterday as I was finishing work. Got a few days off now.

It's a Fender American Professional II in Roasted Pine with Rosewood board.

It's absolutely gorgeous, really light and resonant. And the modern trem is WOW.

I've removed the treble bleed for the moment, never got on with those. I've rewired the bridge pickup to the 1st tone so I get my "master tone" set up. I just can't cope with more than one tone on a strat LOL. But I've left the Push-Push operational on the 2nd tone, that gives me Neck pick with positions 1 and 2 - seems quite interesting.

Anyways, I swore I wouldn't do it, but it's my 60th birthday guitar :D:D

Off to open the wine now :D

CHEERS!!!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Happy Birthday Andy, sounds like you're having a great time with the new Strat.    Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Blooby

Happy birthday. I would say spoil yourself, but it appears you already have. I hope you get to feeling better.

Bruce

AndyR

Quote from: Blooby on March 01, 2023, 05:10:27 PMI hope you get to feeling better.

I feel GOOD. I've even managed to get weight and blood pressure down with lifestyle changes (managed to do enough to convince the doctor that it's safe for me to refuse statins and hyper-tension tablets)

But there's various things mis-functioning in the gut area which can prove quite time consuming and tiresome. I had half my colon removed 5 or 6 years ago (the polyp/tumour was benign but big enough to block my large intestine completely if left to carry on). I was starting to get "twinges" again last year. The follow up revealed that, in all the excitement over getting rid of this apple-sized lump, we seem to have missed that I have Crohn's Disease as well! So, at the moment, that's immuno-suppressants and monitoring.

I do feel good, though. All the foodstuffs (and beverages!) we like are still on the menu. We're partying/rocking just as successfully as before.

Along with work, though, it's been enough to mean I haven't had enough creative energy/motivation to start crafting anything more permanent than twanging some twangs and humming some hums on the sofa.

Right at the moment, however, I am sat at my workstation relearning how to operate my DAW, EZdrummer, midi keyboard, etc. After some exercise (walk to the shops!) and a leisurely breakfast, I shall reintroduce the idea of getting usable guitar and bass into the thing... Microphones after that.

I believe that in a day or two I shall be ready to "start" again... and, of course, I'm back to work then!!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1