It's a Summers Day by Oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, February 25, 2023, 08:12:30 AM

Oldrottenhead

It's A Summers Day (Shrunk)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
The sun came out briefly today, briefly enough to let me power hose the back garden. With the sun still in the sky i went into the music hut and this came out the other end quite quickly. my intent to create a summery psychedelic thing but I worry i laid a wintery dirge.

it is what it is.
Hey I don't know your name
I don't think you know mine
We can't waste any time
We can't waste any time
We wave the clouds goodbye
And look up to the sky
We see the sun sail high
We see the sun sail high
The sun shines down on us
It makes us warm and whole
As we bathe in its light
As we bathe in its light
And we will play all day
Until the sun goes down
And all the stars come out
And all the stars come out

It's a summers day
Not just any day
Let's go out and play
It's a summers day
It's a Summers Day
W/M
Oldrottenhead
HB Bass guitar
HB Tele copy
Gargeband drums
Iphone soft synth
Vocals recorded using a Rode NT1A mic
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ray Brookes

No wintery dirge here; the song has a summery optimistic vibe. I like the sound of that guitar - kinda presents a 'Cure' sort of feel. Nice bright lyrics too and those GB drums drive the song along nicely.
Ray Brookes

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Rays spot on with "the cure" sound of the guitars. Nice vibe to the song. Love the lyrics and vocals, it does have the summery feel to it.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

SE

Yes feeling the sun on my back, lush synth with classic ORH vocal, good stuff!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

launched

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on February 25, 2023, 08:12:30 AMThe sun came out briefly today, briefly enough to let me power hose the back garden.

I had to chuckle when I read that, we're not power hosing shit around here! When outside our voices freeze and we have to read the letters in the snow. Be thankful for your oceanic climate lol

That being said, your sweet ditty brought a little warmth to my day!

You rock!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ted

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on February 25, 2023, 08:12:30 AMWith the sun still in the sky i went into the music hut

What the hell is wrong with you? And is it wrong for us to enjoy the results?

Delightful. The simple, optimistic lyrics, reminding me that it happens to be summer here in my hemisphere, and I'm never too old to be young and carefree. I did make time to play in the yard with the dogs, and also laid on a lounge chair to read some stressful grown-up junk about business plans, followed by a few pages of a novel by one of my favorite authors. I forced my daughter to take her face away from a screen, so she joined me. (You may have heard about a cyclone hitting my parts, but that didn't result in anything but beautiful summer weather here in the highlands, punctuated by a couple of mild showers.)

Thanks for the reminder not to take beautiful weather for granted.

This may be out of left field, but the vocal phrasing and harmonies reminded me of... wait for it... Oingo Boingo. Something from their final album "Boingo" is tugging at my memory, but I'm not going to looking for it. But it's a favorite, for whatever that's worth.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

thetworegs

The sun was out here but it was still bloody cold but the thought of summer warms me a little love the chant of the lyric like your conjuring summer out of the winters dirge bravo

If Life is a dream then use your imagination