Soon You'll Be Coming Home

Started by StephenM, February 23, 2023, 08:25:02 PM

StephenM

Im_Holding_Onto (bandlab and audacity mix)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Soon you'll be coming home, soon you'll be with me.
Seems so long ago, you left me. 
I tried so hard to keep you here with me.
My love for you was not enough.
Drawn to another place you're heartbeat flew away.
Flew away.

And I hold onto this fantasy.

I'm hurting down inside I miss you so.
I'm holding on this fantasy.

Soon you'll be coming home, soon you'll be with me.

a couple of weeks ago I posted the first iteration of this.  I liked the overall idea of it and some of the actual song.  I went down this path to try and make it better.  What happened was I did a new version that I kind of liked but then I did a 3rd version, and I ended up not liking it.  I used a drum track to play along to and it was too fast and lifeless.  So I went back and heard the 2nd version and decided I liked the way it seemed to have life to it.... then I added some lead guitar and worked on the mix.

Jay Turser Strat
Ibanez A/E x 2 tracks
Epiphone bass with a crazy effect from the ME-25
vocals x 2 with alot of copy tracks and panning/various effects
Tama drums

I did this live at open mic the other night.  In that case though I only used the acoustic guitar plus plain old me on vocals... I thought it went well.  A song like this can be overwhelming...

I like this quite a bit.[url="https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=194536;type=preview;file"]Im_Holding_Onto (bandlab and audacity  mix).mp3[/url]

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Rene Asologuitar

Hi Stephen,
I am so happy to hear you do this in an open mic.
This is a very emotional song, and I can imagine you singing this song and be fully "in" the song and be in another place. 
This recording is so loved, and I dig the melody and the lyrics.
Love this, Stephen!!!
Thanks for sharing.
Rene

Ray Brookes

A lovely emotive feel to this song. The backing/accompaniment is both simple and complex at the same time and very well recorded, Steve.
Ray Brookes

Zoltan

There's so much emotion to this track. It's kinda 60's in style yet it's more indie sounding than that.

You're really sparkling here!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Bluesberry

Oh yeah....I love what you are laying down here Steve......this is wicked wicked good...I'll say it again for emphasis.......wicked...........I totally love this........such a good sound/vibe/groove for you to peruse further........I'll give this another listen in a bit....and another....and another........and......".

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Wow this is sounding great Steve. I remember the 1st version you posted, it sounded great then. This is much more fuller..really love the emotional vocals, the sad lyrics and the slightly downbeat styling. It is like a 60's song meets an 80's indie song. Great music throughout and production.
Well done on the open mic too. Always love your tracks.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

launched

Wow, this is badass songwriting. Yes, wicked good!(A New England term, Dave stole it lol) I stare through an icy -1 degree window and the song fits perfectly well, winter sucks :)

Demands several listens, well done!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

SE

In my opinion this is one of your best recordings, there,s lots to love, first off the vocals are excellent.
Then the overall  production is great  but the guitar is a stand out great stuff  loved it!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Zoltan

This song lives inside my mind now. I hope i'm not going to rip you off someday and claim this as my own :D

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

StephenM

Quote from: Zoltan on March 06, 2023, 12:58:32 PMThis song lives inside my mind now. I hope i'm not going to rip you off someday and claim this as my own :D

It wouldn't bother me if you did... lol... I do like this one... I have played it twice at open mic now... and I think I can get to another level with it yet... but I am not going to play it at the same place for a bit... it's intense..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner