Any Other Day by Oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, February 18, 2023, 05:31:48 PM

Oldrottenhead

Got this from BBC Radio 1

Hello oldrottenhead,

Someone from the Radio 1 - Introducing Rock with Alyx Holcombe programme team has listened to your track, Any Other Day.

This doesn't guarantee we'll play it on air, but it's a good start. If we do decide to play it, we'll send you another email.

Thanks for sharing your music.

BBC Music Introducing
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

launched

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Oldrottenhead

Another email this time from bbc Scotland fingers crossed   

Hello oldrottenhead,

Someone from the BBC Music Introducing in Scotland programme team has listened to your track, Any Other Day.

This doesn't guarantee we'll play it on air, but it's a good start. If we do decide to play it, we'll send you another email.

Thanks for sharing your music.

BBC Music Introducing
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

kenny mac

This creeps up into you like a shadow and fills you with a musical kaleidoscopic hovering all around you.
Rip it up and start again ,like it.
Great goove ,like those drums and that little echoe pulse.
A fine song from one of songcrafters finest.
The song is like a sink of water filling up until it eventually spills over and releases its force.
Cool james

cuthbert

A nice little place to get lost in. Love all the textures in it, and the lyrics are a perfect fit with the music.

Fingers-crossed, they will play it on BBC Introducing!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Blooby

I am curious if you can point to specific influences when you do songs in this similar vein. I really love it but can't place it with regard to my listening.

Just stellar.

Blooby

Ron D Bowes

Love the atmosphere of this track. Nicely done!

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: Blooby on February 28, 2023, 08:06:28 PMI am curious if you can point to specific influences when you do songs in this similar vein. I really love it but can't place it with regard to my listening.

Just stellar.

Blooby

I have recently read a book about post punk called "Rip it Up and Start again" and that certainly influenced my approach as i was trying out different things but within my limited abilities. I was also at the time reading the neil young biography "Shakey" and I think that too had an influence. The bass guitar which started it all was certainly influenced by Joy Division/new Order and PIL.  as for the rest............it just sort of came to me and took me on a ride.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Blooby

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on March 01, 2023, 06:56:04 AMI have recently read a book about post punk called "Rip it Up and Start again" and that certainly influenced my approach as i was trying out different things but within my limited abilities. I was also at the time reading the neil young biography "Shakey" and I think that too had an influence. The bass guitar which started it all was certainly influenced by Joy Division/new Order and PIL.  as for the rest............it just sort of came to me and took me on a ride.

Thanks for the insight.

Blooby

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: Blooby on March 01, 2023, 11:19:10 AM
Quote from: Oldrottenhead on March 01, 2023, 06:56:04 AMI have recently read a book about post punk called "Rip it Up and Start again" and that certainly influenced my approach as i was trying out different things but within my limited abilities. I was also at the time reading the neil young biography "Shakey" and I think that too had an influence. The bass guitar which started it all was certainly influenced by Joy Division/new Order and PIL.  as for the rest............it just sort of came to me and took me on a ride.

Thanks for the insight.

Blooby

thanks for asking cos it inspired a new song lol. Not recorded it yet.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann