Man on the Inside

Started by Ron D Bowes, February 16, 2023, 06:27:51 AM

Ron D Bowes

Man on the Inside
Time:
0:00
Volume:
My very latest effort! Probably going on the next album. Cops and robbers in my own style

Ray Brookes

Love these bluesy/rock numbers you produce, Ron - your own unique style. Love that guitar riff and that lighter shade at about 1:52 works so well. BTW, what DAW do you use these days? Also, are you using a limiter/compressor on your final mix?
Ray Brookes

Ron D Bowes

Quote from: Ray Brookes on February 16, 2023, 12:56:32 PMLove these bluesy/rock numbers you produce, Ron - your own unique style. Love that guitar riff and that lighter shade at about 1:52 works so well. BTW, what DAW do you use these days? Also, are you using a limiter/compressor on your final mix?
I have tightened up that middle section - the acoustic wasn't quite right. I use Magix/Samplitude Music Studio 2022. Depends on the track regarding limiter on the Master. If the required overall volume clips numerous times I'll use the limiter, if the clips are infrequent I usually don't. I use compressor on most seperate stems, but not all. Again it depends on the nature of the stem.

thetworegs

loving the tones on those guitars...you've got one cracking blues voice ..throughly enjoyed

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Bluesberry

Strong song here ...reminds me of late period Rory Gallagher (the greatest blues rocker of them all imo)....really bounces along nice.....

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SE

Cool production, all hanging off the riff, with a bluesy rock vibe, yes an excellent  listen!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Mike_S

Yes this is album worthy Ron. Nice gritty rocker. That Rory Gallagher comparison isn't too far off. Some lovely raw guitar work. You are in the zone here.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Glad I caught a chance to listen to this, it is a dissonant masterpiece. The dirty nasty riffs, the swingin' triplet drum change, background vox including the ooohs which are fabulous.

And the playing is really good, you are a talent for sure.

Well done, it's great!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

StephenM

There ain't no good news in this great number!  Seems like we are regressing back into the wild west...but with a judicial system on the side of criminals and against the innocent...
yeah, it is a situation...

around 2:00 that little guitar riff reminds me of Rick Derringer...wow cool tones and playing...

I think the guitars are loaded on this one!  Great leads and tones all over coming at ya in waves... and the grit vocals just rock the roof off.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Your voice always suits rock and blues perfectly, as does your guitar work. Some great riffs and catchy melodies going on in the spaces between lyrics. Nice basslines and drums too.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.