Good Intentions ( The Devil's Toupee)

Started by DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee, February 12, 2023, 07:23:58 AM

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Quote from: Ray Brookes on February 12, 2023, 01:05:56 PMEverything about this track oozes class, from the production, the arranging, the instrumentation, the vocal work and the incisive lyrics. When arranging a song like this with so much happening with such intense sound there is always a danger of over-producing - not the case here - every instrument/voice cemented into its correct space with its own role to play and the result is this extraordinary piece of music. There is of course a Beatle -esque feel but also a contemporary vibe and the skill in creating this track is beyond belief. Fantastic work, guys; very impressed.

That's a massive compliment ray..if you're impressed.   :)
Yeah I do worry about over producing and sometimes did years ago lol...I'm still nothing special but I am trying to get better at the mixing/ producing side.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Frank53

Great song. Love the lyrics, performance, and production.
Excellent vocals.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Ron D Bowes

Like that intro. Great song and production. Big sound! Nice one guys!

launched

It takes a couple listens to soak this in - A fine recording, well done!

You guys are top notch!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

Quote from: launched on February 18, 2023, 08:41:00 PMIt takes a couple listens to soak this in
I agree.....back for more....and I love this more and more........there is a laid back, yet tight as hell groove going on...that hard to do right...you got it here...tight as heck, but still feels loose and grooves ......When that chorus kicks in.........damn...and then through to the guitar solo....back to more chorus...brilliant bit there......absolutely spectacular recording here.....It's been said before......by more qualified than me.....lol.....but holy man......what a sonic beauty

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Johnbee

Your vocals here kind of remind me of Lennon. In fact, it sounds a lot like his style.  Don't know if it was intentional but it comes through like it is.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!