Good Intentions ( The Devil's Toupee)

Started by DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee, February 12, 2023, 07:23:58 AM

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

good intentions SC MIX
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hot off the press..the latest song.  :) well, I did the original music for this last year but we updated it and keith also added vocals.

Good Intentions

Unless you make peace with your past
You will never have a future
She's just like a monkey
Won't let go of one branch until she grips onto another
Ah, to be bent on besieging her virtue
We're just 2 cheeks of the same backside...

THE ROAD...TO HELL
IS PAVED WITH GOOD INTENTIONS
YOU DON'T CHOOSE ... THE THINGS YOU BELIEVE IN
THEY CHOOSE YOU!

(Inst)

(CHORUS)

You are strong, because you are so imperfect
You are wise, because you have doubts
Those that never change their minds
Never change anything
Life leaves its imprint in these crapulous times
Will you finally be enlightened?
While your ancestors lie encased in rock
Here is that rock

THE ROAD...TO HELL
IS PAVED WITH GOOD INTENTIONS
AND DEMOCRATIC ACCOUNTABILITY...yeah!

Music: DeeGee
Lyrics: Kallen@2023

I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Farrell Jackson

This is some very powerful music and vocals! A lot of cool ear candy bits and pieces throughout. From the start to the finish, I was listening intensely. Well done Darren and Keith!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

StephenM

awesome production Darren!  The usual really great guitars and I really dig the keys in this...
the lyrics are interesting and the vocals are stellar...

all in all this is up to and surpassing your usual fantastic work...
I feel fortunate to get to hear this...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

Is this the Sparks?

Quirky and fun with a slight hint of degeneracy. Musically and soundwise it reminded me of the drug fuelled era of rock'n'roll!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ray Brookes

Everything about this track oozes class, from the production, the arranging, the instrumentation, the vocal work and the incisive lyrics. When arranging a song like this with so much happening with such intense sound there is always a danger of over-producing - not the case here - every instrument/voice cemented into its correct space with its own role to play and the result is this extraordinary piece of music. There is of course a Beatle -esque feel but also a contemporary vibe and the skill in creating this track is beyond belief. Fantastic work, guys; very impressed.
Ray Brookes

Mike_S

Lads you oughta be so proud of this. Indeed a really remarkable piece. I thought how sad a lot of the kids of today have no idea how skilled and interesting music can really be while they are force fed rubbish from wherever they get it. This is so worthy of a much higher place on the musical landscape and such a wider audience.

Hard to comment really, so much great stuff going on, but like Ray says all in their perfect place. But to tell the truth the thing that really hits home is those brilliant lyrics... these lines are a favourite...

"You are wise, because you have doubts
Those that never change their minds
Never change anything"

Brilliant

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

BerryPatch

WOW! You guys just keep getting better and better! Amazing production and equally amazing poetry! ;) I love the boat loads of synths and guitar parts going on throughout bubbling underneath the surface and the vocal layering on the chorus is stellar. Superb song guys!

thetworegs

Love the line we're 2 cheeks of the same backside excellent production another beauty of a track

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Greeny

There's quite an 80's feel to this (to my ears). Kind of like Talk Talk but with Stephen Tin Tin Duffy on vocals. It's superb. I love the heady combination of guitar and synth and those big string pads that make the chorus sound Bond-theme epic. Amazing!!!!

Bluesberry

Yeah, that's how to do it....I love the music ......lots of layers of sonic goodness....great vocal....stellar track...so pro sounding

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand