Something for the weekend

Started by funkyaxe, February 10, 2023, 04:32:27 PM

funkyaxe

Something for the weekend
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A little ditty using the excellent bass and drums from my Yamaha DGX670 keyboard. All other noises from me. The backing and lead piano are played live so it's warts and all.

launched

A very nice arrangement, I enjoyed it. Nice little keyboard run towards the end!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Brilliantly, funky track. the drums sound great. nice keys, bass and guitars. this has chilled me right out. love the bass line and the melodies on the keys.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Mike_S

Some great playing Andy, very enjoyable vibe. Your getting some great sounds from the Yamaha.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

godinqc

Very chilled and funky track .. great playing ..
I have a Yamaha MX49 but mine does not have those great piano runs .. (it might be the player  ;D )
Great work..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

funkyaxe

Thanks for the comments. All the piano parts are played live as heard by my good self. The only parts created by the keyboard are the drums and bass.

TPB

Funky groove with some nice Keyboard work I have these sounds in my head but my fingers do not always translate to the keys
Nicely done
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

BerryPatch

Nice groove and STELLAR keyboard work! You are a man of many talents. Great laid back fusion!

chapperz66

Sleazy yet funky at the same time.  Very classy - particularly fond of the triplet runs.

Love the title - no-one has commented on the "something for the weekend" connotations so perhaps it is just me with a dirty - and aged - mind.  :) 

oh - an abrupt end...

Really cool.

Paul