A Horse With No Name, America 1971

Started by Rene Asologuitar, February 07, 2023, 07:28:50 PM

Rene Asologuitar

A Horse With No Name, America 1971
Time:
0:00
Volume:
"A Horse with No Name" is a song by the folk rock band America, written by Dewey Bunnell. It was the band's first and most successful single, released in late 1971. Dewey Bunnell wanted to capture the sensation of the hot, dry desert, as he remembered his childhood travels through the Arizona and New Mexico desert when his family lived at Vandenberg Air Force Base. Bunnell has explained that "A Horse with No Name" was "a metaphor for a vehicle to get away from life's confusion into a quiet, peaceful place".

In the midst of life's confusion, the solace and joy of old friends and beautiful memories always transport people to a state of peaceful bliss!!!

Feedback is much appreciated. Thank you.

https://youtu.be/e-Xrl6E6KYo

Jean Pierre

I always liked this song, the first time I heard it I thought it was Neil Young singing ;)

A song that goes well with your voice Rene
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

StephenM

This was probably my least favorite America song... I am quite a fan of America... but this song has grown on me...

I like your version of it... seems a tad quicker... not sure if that is true however... sometimes they just seem that way..
I think I just found a new track to practice drums to... thanks..

love your playing and singing.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Bluesberry

Sounds perfect........man you record your guitar so well......got any tips for me on recording acoustic guitar?

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Blooby

Loved this song. Had the 45 (probably liberated from my brother). This tune is well suited to your great voice.

Blooby

Rene Asologuitar

Quote from: Jean Pierre on February 07, 2023, 11:54:24 PMI always liked this song, the first time I heard it I thought it was Neil Young singing ;)
A song that goes well with your voice Rene
+++++++++++++++++++++++
Always a pure pleasure hearing from you, Jean!!!
Your support and love are so so nice, and so appreciated!!!
Thank you for the huge compliment!!!
Respectfully,
Rene

Rene Asologuitar

Quote from: StephenM on February 08, 2023, 02:21:55 PMThis was probably my least favorite America song... I am quite a fan of America... but this song has grown on me...
I like your version of it... seems a tad quicker... not sure if that is true however... sometimes they just seem that way..
I think I just found a new track to practice drums to... thanks..
love your playing and singing.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I am a straight up America fan, and this classic is a personal fav, especially with harmony.
Thank you, as always for your excellent support and love, Stephen!!!
Respect and love,
Rene

Ray Brookes

Great cover of this classic song, Rene. Your voice suits this perfectly.
Ray Brookes

Jean Pierre

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

TPB

Sounds great I recently covered this song and took great liberties with it A classic well done great listen
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away