Let The Rain Begin by BerryPatch

Started by BerryPatch, February 06, 2023, 08:19:15 PM

BerryPatch

LetTheRainBeginMaster
Time:
0:00
Volume:
NewGearFest (banner image missing)

New gear used: Hagstrom Impala, Strymon Deco Pedal, Boss Tremolo Pedal, Shure SM 58

I finally got an original done for New Gear Fest after toying with some of my gear for some other things. I suppose this is my "official post."

I played my Korg piano through the Strymon pedal and also added tremolo to the "wurtlizer" setting while playing my Korg. I then mic'd the Blues Junior with the SM 58, using the Hagstrom for most of the guitar parts. I also used the Stinger Tele for some slide bits and a bit of extra dubbing of the jangley "riff" at the start.

I wasnt totally sure what to do for vocals but I had the piano idea with me for a while. It took a long time to figure out (makes it harder when a song doesnt really have a chorus!) but it came fairly quickly once I actually sat down to record it. I wanted to get a "full" sound for this and I must've overdubbed about 40 guitar parts ;D. Anyways, enjoy...

Korg Piano
Epiphone Viola Bass
Hagstrom Impala
Stinger Tele
Shure SM 57 and 58
Strymon Deco Pedal
Tremolo Pedal
Garageband Organ and Strings
Mellotron App
Blues Junior Amp
Recorded in Garageband
Mastered in Bandlab

Leave it all behind you,
And catch the sun,
See it through till morning,
Though it's already done,

Cant decide on whether to come down,
Or to fly away,
You can try but nothing around here,
Is gonna make me stay
So I

Find you in the station
By the faded light
All the time within the wound
Of its own design

Everything is an arguement
I want you to decide,
Feel as though I'm looking down,
When all is left behind
Until I find

Lost within the signs
Though I've read between the lines
I've seen so many road turn to grey
Reaching for it now
But do I really know just how
To find myself again

I don't know a thing or two about nothing
So let it cave on in,
I just know I don't really much about anything,
So let the rain begin

Rene Asologuitar

Love the vibe and the beat of this song!!!
Vocals is so nice, very emotional.
Guitar track is simply lovely
Let the rain begin, we are ready!!!
I love this recording.
Rene

StephenM

your vocal lines are spectacular.  This is what I was talking about.... not only that but the way you approach the music is similar to people like Paul Mc, Stevie Wonder, Jeff Lynne etc...

when you break songs down they are generally all 3 or 4 chords but with the key changes and all the embellishments they sound so much more...
that is what you do and what you have done here.... and all your tricks in recording are evident... the piano sounds great at the start... This is like Joe Cocker's band on steroids... but the singing isn't Joe but it is as passionate in its own way..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ray Brookes

Great track and an excellent full sound. Cool guitar work too and love those chord changes.
Ray Brookes

Johnbee

Terrific song and arrangement.  Especially love the chord changes in the chorus.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

kenny mac

I'm a fan.
Your vocal is always the icing on a very well baked cake.
This was on my list of tracks that I play on my way to work.
It sounded great pumping out the car stereo.
Liked the lead guitar work as well.
The guitars sound great.
Excellent

Greeny

Wow, wow, wow. Such a massive, uplifting sound. This is bloody immense, sublime and beautiful in every way. The songwriting makes me think of George Harrison's first solo album. Especially the descending lead guitar melody line - so George. There's so much detail and talent in here. An absolutely breathtaking bit of Songcrafting. You should get a much bigger audience and appreciation than us bunch of old codgers! I also admire your choice of guitars - Hagstrom Impala - so leftfield and cool.

godinqc

The new gear sounds really good. Great vocals and playing .. really liked the vibe and also really good production.
Excellent work.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

cuthbert

I love the scale of this recording - lots of parts and yet it is seamlessly whole. Great Wurlie sound and the guitars and voice are fabtastic.

Quote from: Greeny on February 08, 2023, 03:17:53 AMThe songwriting makes me think of George Harrison's first solo album.

Yes indeed, this track could fit right into 'All Things Must Pass'.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase