Four Chord Trick - Andy Dursley

Started by funkyaxe, February 06, 2023, 01:26:03 PM

funkyaxe

Four chord trick (2)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
One of many musical sketches I have lying around. Some end up as actual songs but most like this one will probably end its days being a musical whim created over too many beers after a long day's work. It's possible that I may have posted this before under a different title ( I don't think I have ), if so I apologise and if I have I'll remove the original.

An exercise in creating a short musical ditty using minimal chords. One track backing , other lead bits & bobs.

StephenM

wow.... this is great Andy...
now that is some funky axe!  wicked good

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

TPB

Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

StephenM

this is my current go to drum practice track... it's so much fun to play along too....

thanks...it's really good!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

funkyaxe

Thanks so much for your comment on this nonsense - if you decide to record your drumming, I'd love to hear it.

kenny mac

I listened to this last night and was running late after listening to a few songcrafter new songs.
This is an excellent performance and the tones are cool.
A cool funky vibe,some lovely runs.

StephenM

Quote from: funkyaxe on February 09, 2023, 12:54:45 PMThanks so much for your comment on this nonsense - if you decide to record your drumming, I'd love to hear it.

will do after I can play it well enough!  thanks and if it's ok I will post it inside the thread here..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

Trist

I hope you develop it further for a song, the rhythm and style is great and would be good with vocals and production

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

I habe many " musical whims" left unfinished too..but not as funky as this beauty.
Really good, fast playing. Brilliant stuff..whether you were drunk or not when recording it lol.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

StephenM

funky axe
Time:
0:00
Volume:

well, I just love playing drums to this.  The guitar work and bass is superb and it sits right in my favorite kind of playing to play drums too.... I admit that I likely played several hours of this total... but it was just that much fun, not work.... sort of like that song "I don't want to work, I just want to bang on the drums all day."

I fluffed a bit at around 1:50 but I figured if I recorded it again I likely would do it somewhere else... lol...
thanks for letting me bang around on your great track Andy!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24