Scattered Bones

Started by Bluesberry, February 04, 2023, 07:20:32 PM

Bluesberry

Scattered Bones (Master)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
NewGearFest (banner image missing)

New gear fest: Sure MVi (audio Interface), Sure MV51 (USB condenser mic)...this new gear has really fired up my drive to get some songs recorded...it has made recording so much easier for me, I find I have limited attention span as I get older so I need gear that lets me get in and get out ........

New song from me...I'm on a roll now....Keith helped out again with super fine bass and keys...he really lifted this song up with his additions, great job Keith....for your listening pleasure, let me present you with.......

Scattered Bones
written/performed/recorded by Dave Berry, Keith Berry provided bass and additional keys
Dave: vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar (Hagstrom Impala - rhythm, Danelectro 12 string with high strings removed rendering it a 6 string - lead), GB drums and keys
Keith: Stirling Stingray Bass guitar, keys via Korg EPiano
recorded on an iPad into Garageband.
I've lived beneath the dragons wing
It's warmth became my home
The risk became a common thing
So too did scattered bones

But the blackened bones were not my own
I thought I was her whelp
until I saw the fire in her throat
and had to cry out for help (2x)

I turn my gaze toward the ancient dawn
My sword within it's sheath
Clear my mind of what's been done
Oh my soul, what lies beneath

Yet the song of hope is always playing
Sometimes you just can't hear it well
Once again, you'll hear the notes intoxicating
And remember how to ring that bell (3x)

Yes I've lived beneath the dragons wing
It's warmth it was my home
The risk became a common thing
So too did scattered bones

Yet the song of hope is always playing
Sometimes you just can't hear it well
Once again, you'll hear the notes intoxicating
And remember how to ring that bell (3x)

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

TPB

Rolling now for sure great collab guys the Canadian rock duo rocks
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Ray Brookes

Fine instrumentation in this song and cool lyrics. Dave, your vocals are not so clear in the mix; could you maybe eq the vocal track or crank it up a little? I dunno, I'm no production expert so perhaps it's just me with my 68 year old ears and my humble little studio monitors. You two work so well together and always come up with great songs. 
Ray Brookes

cuthbert

Holy smokes, what a song and production! This is the goods.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Brilliant sounded song..some great performances. love the guitar solo..great bass and keys.
Yeah maybe the vocals could be a tad louder? it's not a big deal though.

I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Farrell Jackson

You are on a roll Dave! The chords progression and structure are to die for. The lyrics and concept are so cool ie. "I lived beneath a dragon's wing". That line leaves it open for interpretation and sets the theme for rest of the words that follow. The lead guitar solo has a sparkle and flows nicely. Keith's bass and piano fits like a glove. Well done all around!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

StephenM

sure the vocals could be eq'd a touch up somewhere in the 600 and doubled, tripled of that... a little experiment...(I would say over the last 2 years this is something I learned to improve the most)
but this sounds really great.... I am so glad Dave you are writing new material and posting again... this site is so much better... and I hear where Keith gets it from too...

you two are making fabulous stuff... the guitar work is remin of the Allmans in spots (pretty dang great)... and the bass does sound fab....

I will listen to this alot...love the piano too.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Blooby

This has all the pop sensibility that endeared me to much of early 70's music. Wonderfully clear mix with some clever changes. I know everybody listens on different devices, but in my situation, the bass drum could be backed off, but perhaps I just jammed my earbuds in until They are mating with my cochlea.

Great,great post.

Blooby

Greeny

Holy shit - that bass! And the solo / lead work is smoking. This is a brilliant song. That descending chord pattern is SO good. All the embellishments are fantastic. Brilliant work - it really is ear candy.

Zoltan

You got me from the get go! That first line. Where did it come from? I doubt you've been playing Dungeons & Dragons lately... But then again you just might have :)

I think this is what we're here for. To hear songs like this. Songs with easy going pop sensibilities yet something we've never heard before! I think my ears grew wings...

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper