Started by Mike_S, February 02, 2023, 04:56:19 AM

Mike_S

Still_Got_A_Piece_Of_My_Heart
Time:
0:00
Volume:
NewGearFest (banner image missing)

New Gear Fest

Just realised this qualifies for the new gear fest. I got a new pair of headphones (AKG), cheaper side of things but not too cheap. Far as I remember about 40 / 50e. Also a pair of transmitter/receiver bluetooth guitar to amp signal connectors, so no more bloody cables! Both very good purchases.

This one came about when I went for a walk a couple of weeks back and I thought, damn I feel pretty good in general and this chorus line came to me. I recorded it on my iphone making sure nobody was watching  :)  and came back to it last week to make it into a song. Just glad I proved to myself that it is possible for me to do something a bit more uplifting!

2 vocal tracks
1 electric guitar HB LP rhythm
2 Yamaha Acoustic rhythm parts
1 lead part HB LB
Bass cheapy HB mini Bass
Drums programmed in GarageBand

I've still got a piece of my heart
That's not broken
I've still got a piece of my soul
That's not for sale

The sun is shining
There's people smiling
(And I'm right where I wanna be)

The weathers changing
I ain't complaining
(Cause there so much that I wanna see)

And it's a long old road
But your still free

————————

There's been a black cloud
Hanging over my head
Something I could do without

But today I got a feeling
Something feels different
But I think I got it figured out

It's been a long old road
But your still free
It's been a long old road
But I'm still here

————————

And if you ever ever had a doubt
Look around yourself and you'll find
That it's not always how it might seem
Look at the people
Well there's still some love about

————————

I've still got a piece of my heart
That's not broken
I've still got a piece of my soul
That's not for sale

recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

Hold onto this one Mike and that feeling in your soul... this song is reflective of happiness and joy...
nice guitar work to the max...
this is one I want to hear a bunch.

I was laughing at your story about recording the chorus and making sure no one could see... glad you got it down.. and it is true that often if you don't the song will flee away like a memory that you can't quite find.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

chapperz66

Great stuff, Mike.  I always find happy and uplifting so much harder to do than miserable and downbeat!  But you have done it brilliantly.  A very fine song and the production is very good too.

Really enjoyed this.

Paul

Ray Brookes

That is a great sound you've got going there with those guitars, Mike. Cool song and nice lyrics.
Ray Brookes

SE

This is where I want to be too.An excellent  recording.
Just a great piece of rock, just cool!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Bluesberry

Really ....really......really great song....I love this sooooooooooo much..........I can totally relate to the lyrics.....and the whole song is so good.....makes me think of our great Canadian band, Blue Rodeo....specifically Greg Keelor (one of the two songwriters and singers)....GK would come up with songs like this and musically it also fits right in with their vibe.........you could almost say this has a Canadian vibe ....lol....anyway, I am all excited after hearing this beauty.........best song of the year for me so far.........I love it.......you record those acoustic guitars so good, clear, full but not boxy.....well done

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

3 rd listen.........hot damn I love this......it's a real sing along.........lovely stuff.....love the outro section....tasteful

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

BerryPatch

Absolutely stellar Mike! You've got a knack for knocking originals out of the park, everything is perfect here! I especially love the lyrics and vocals here, so much passion there. The arrangement is so economical and restrained, like the guitar solo. It's all exactly what the sing needed. Wonderful!

SE

Back forsome more, my hearts still broken!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

thetworegs

Really enjoyed this Mike great vocal the guitars are excellent .. loving the solo

If Life is a dream then use your imagination