"The Toy Piano" by Mike Huntingford

Started by Mike Huntingford, February 02, 2023, 12:59:45 AM

Mike Huntingford

The Toy Piano
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I have had this piano piece for a long time and never really never knew where to take it. I was playing around with Keyscape (which is wonderful by the way) and came across the toy piano. I played my piano piece with the toy piano and voila - I present "The Toy Piano". I hope you enjoy this short but hopefully pleasant piece...

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Rene Asologuitar

Quote from: Mike Huntingford on February 02, 2023, 12:59:45 AMI have had this piano piece for a long time and never really never knew where to take it. I was playing around with Keyscape (which is wonderful by the way) and came across the toy piano. I played my piano piece with the toy piano and voila - I present "The Toy Piano". I hope you enjoy this short but hopefully pleasant piece...
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hi Mike, Very nice creation!
I love the peaceful vibe this song delivers.
The combo of viola and the toy piano is so wonderful.
I am enjoying this piece.
Rene

StephenM

I love this toy piano... sounds like lovely wind chimes Mike and you built so nicely around it.  Soothing, relaxing, ethereal piece.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

chapperz66

Lovely little piece.  I've been eyeing up Keyscape for years - I already use Omnisphere and Trillian - and am even more tempted now.

Paul

BerryPatch

I really dig the sound of Toy Piano when used like this and this arrangement is incredible. You certainly have an ear for making great mood music as well as the hands to play such complex piano music. Excellent job!

Mike Huntingford

Quote from: Rene Asologuitar on February 02, 2023, 01:58:10 AM
Quote from: Mike Huntingford on February 02, 2023, 12:59:45 AMI have had this piano piece for a long time and never really never knew where to take it. I was playing around with Keyscape (which is wonderful by the way) and came across the toy piano. I played my piano piece with the toy piano and voila - I present "The Toy Piano". I hope you enjoy this short but hopefully pleasant piece...
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hi Mike, Very nice creation!
I love the peaceful vibe this song delivers.
The combo of viola and the toy piano is so wonderful.
I am enjoying this piece.
Rene

Thank you so very much.

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Mike Huntingford

Quote from: StephenM on February 02, 2023, 06:32:01 AMI love this toy piano... sounds like lovely wind chimes Mike and you built so nicely around it.  Soothing, relaxing, ethereal piece.

Thank you Stephen, I am very grateful that you enjoyed the piece.

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Mike Huntingford

Quote from: chapperz66 on February 02, 2023, 07:44:40 AMLovely little piece.  I've been eyeing up Keyscape for years - I already use Omnisphere and Trillian - and am even more tempted now.

Paul

Hi Paul,

First, thank you for your kind comments. WRT to Keyscape, you'll be happy to know that it will fit nicely inside of Ominsphere (I have Ominsphere 2 and love it). The acoustic pianos are wonderful, but you will need fast drive as it is sampled. The electric keyboards are now my go to keyboards (note I own a bunch of real keyboards, Roland, Yamaha, Korg, and even Casio) and I go to Keyscape for any EPs.

Thanks again,

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Mike Huntingford

Quote from: BerryPatch on February 02, 2023, 05:16:30 PMI really dig the sound of Toy Piano when used like this and this arrangement is incredible. You certainly have an ear for making great mood music as well as the hands to play such complex piano music. Excellent job!

Hi BerryPatch, thanks for your kind words. Ya know, giving peace to folks is may focus. Especially in these times. I do take an great deal of time to use instrument choices that give the illusion of real.  Regarding complex piano music, I am very very much a beginner with no formal training - that being said, I will take your compliment graciously :]

Thanks again,

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Zoltan

A cool cinematic mood piece. This reminded me of Philippe D'Aram, especially the toy piano sound and the way it was used. The orchestral stuff was a lot more "Hollywood".

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper