3 Brothers In a 3 Piece Band

Started by StephenM, February 01, 2023, 01:52:51 PM

StephenM

LANDR-3_Brothers_In_A_3_Piece_Band (bandlab mix (audacity))-Balanced-Medium
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Music exercise for today. 
Les Paul and Boss ME-25.  1 guitar track.  Epiphone bass through ME-25.  Tama drums.  MXL mic.  Recorded on Zoom L-20.  Mixed on bandlab and audacity, mastered with Landr

I am working on complex piece that I have already changed 3 times and I really like it but today, I took a break from it and did some jamming.... trying to be a true 3 piece....

this is 3 brothers.  The oldest was 6 when the youngest was born.  The oldest is the band leader and guitarist/vocalist.  The middle one is the bass player and the drummer is the youngest.  So the oldest gives a nudge of consternation to the young drummer and the young drummer defends his position..
also I like this better in headphones

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Mike_S

Some great jamming Steve. A real freedom about this, a lovely loose jam session with some great riffing. Good to cut loose on something like this when you are in the middle of a more complex piece. Cracking performances all round.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Zoltan

I'm weirded out so i need to hear this. I'm sure it contains some cosmic wisdom that comes through the sound waves.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

BerryPatch

Super cool jamming! Almost caught a bit of a Cream vibe, those guys could play off each each other so well you'd think they were brothers! (Ginger and Jack had that "brotherly love" about them as well :)). Cool concept and I enjoyed the "bickering" in between as well!

Zoltan

In my ears this sounds more like Stephen channeling The Who. There are times when it sounds like Thunderfingers is playing, times when the guitar riffing is reminiscent of Townshend and that constant ride action and snare riffage is Moonish.

At least i think Stephen is mooning us!

The singing has a free flowing classic rock vibe to it. It's lively!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Bluesberry

I am always amazed how you can make a multitracked one man jam sound organically live with the feeling of interplay between the musicians......did you change your clothes for each instrument to maintain that feeling of multiple folks involved.........maybe put on a wig or fake beard.....what ever it takes to get into character.........awesome job

I have a question....what order do you record....drums first (I am assuming), guitar next, bass 3rd then vocals.........curious...

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

Quote from: Bluesberry on February 03, 2023, 10:00:25 AMI am always amazed how you can make a multitracked one man jam sound organically live with the feeling of interplay between the musicians......did you change your clothes for each instrument to maintain that feeling of multiple folks involved.........maybe put on a wig or fake beard.....what ever it takes to get into character.........awesome job

I have a question....what order do you record....drums first (I am assuming), guitar next, bass 3rd then vocals.........curious...

it's not always the same but this one I did guitar first, then drums, then bass. on this one I played along to a keyboard drum track during first guitar track but I did not record that or use it after..
so the guitar track was fairly well in time and then I did drums and then bass.  If I try to many instruments before drums they seem to get out of synch more, but sometimes I do it anyway... lol
thanks for all the good words Blues

and thanks everyone for listening. 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

des0free

I like what the oldest brother is doing on the guitar, very sweet, but it sounds like the middle brother played a trick on him during mixing by panning his guitar 100% to the left. It would be cool to try to do the Van Halen trick of creating a 100% wet guitar reverb track and panning that to the right, maybe?  The youngest brother is doing pretty good too, in my opinion, considering that he only got his drum set quite recently!
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

StephenM

Quote from: des0free on February 04, 2023, 12:57:17 PMI like what the oldest brother is doing on the guitar, very sweet, but it sounds like the middle brother played a trick on him during mixing by panning his guitar 100% to the left. It would be cool to try to do the Van Halen trick of creating a 100% wet guitar reverb track and panning that to the right, maybe?  The youngest brother is doing pretty good too, in my opinion, considering that he only got his drum set quite recently!

that Van Halen trick does sound cool... I kind of do stuff like that with vocals... I might remix this just to see..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

kenny mac

Cool concept, I can hear a cream vibe in there too.
Nice one stephen