Fentanyl - Destination Insanity

Started by Mike_S, January 30, 2023, 08:41:18 AM

Mike_S

Fentanyl
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Destination Insanity presents to you it's latest offering. These tracks with Steve I was trying to categorise in my mind what genre they fit. The only thing I could think was something like Insanity Rock :)

This one however crazy it sounds has at it's heart a serious subject - drug abuse. Steve got some inspiration lately from a tragic event that happened near him, where a young lady's body was discovered. You can hear in more detail about this on his song "Emily Elizabeth King".

Anyway...

2 guitar tracks HB LP - Mike
drums and bass programmed in garageband - Mike
2 vocal tracks - Steve

Fentanyl- straight from the bowels of hell. Torture, main and kill.

Psychological warfare on man.

Designed by spirits of darkness, a weapon of mass destruction.

Opiate your sadness and pain straight into silence.

Hey, Fentanyl works.

Not just for the lowly. But for even the highest who seek eternal rest!

Ingest, breathe it, absorb it. Everlasting darkness.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Pete C

A powerful backer from Mike and a powerful message from Steve..awesome and haunting song.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

StephenM

Mike,
Thanks for thinking of me on this... your music always takes me to some really deep places...

in fairness to the drug mentioned it has many wonderful uses in modern medicine when used CORRECTLY.  So I do not take issue with this from that standpoint. 

think about this, enough illegal fentanyl, coming from China (I'm not blaming anyone but some folks, probably even people from the US, even politicians) are bringing in untold amounts of ILLEGAL AND DANGEROUS amounts of this drug into the US each year mostly from the southern border. 
In one year, enough illicit Fentanyl was intercepted to kill the entire US population.... think about that.  Sorry, my thoughts and writing got off track on this but you get the idea...
so how much is not getting confiscated?...
the bottom line is:  if you will if you want you can get this and you can get really high... this drug is 100 times more potent than morphine and 50 times more than Heroin.... so....
it ain't just poor or homeless it gets... not at all... and the problem is ONEFRIGGINMISTAKEAND YOU ARE DONE.

I try very hard to stay away from any campaigns... they are mostly nauseating to me.  Apologies to anyone who might be opposed to this hijack of art... but I worry... about my kids, my grand kids... and others.

off the soap box now... artistically I was going for a modern Jefferson Airplane kind of vocal vibe... but I actually f'd up the auto tune with my vocals and I thought it fit the idea... the idea of starting to become so stoned that everything becomes sinusoidal and wavy... nothing seems normal... UNTIL...the silence

Mike did an awesome job mixing this...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

thetworegs

That's quite a ride excellent guitar it pulls together nicely love that lead in the beginning I think you made it with your airplane comparison great collaboration

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Ray Brookes

Cool psychedelic track, guys; nicely produced with that trippy backing. A very significant message in the lyrics too. 
Ray Brookes

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

That sounds like a great band name " destination Insanity"
This is awesome, it's like a Radiohead track from OK computer. Love those guitars. Brilliant stuff Mike. And Stephen's vocal delivery, really cool. The drums too are brilliant.
Just proves you can write a song about anything and make it sound good and interesting.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Bluesberry

That's some spooky shit ...goofy heavy.......but a serious subject.....

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

BerryPatch

Great, ominous rocker. Layers of guitars and a haunting vocal from Stephen. Important lyrics too...

TPB

Dark subject with dark music to fit
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

chapperz66

Ominous, brooding stuff here chaps - and I love it.  Dark and appropriate to the subject matter.

Paul