Susan (The Devil's Toupee)

Started by DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee, January 29, 2023, 08:24:32 AM

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

susan . SC mix
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Just a short pop song. I think we might all might know somebody like Susan. (Ive known a few...arrogant, egotistical, narcicists  lol. )

SUSAN

Susan is always right, she never gets thing's wrong
she always has a point of view
And she'll argue all night long
S-S-S- SUSAN

Susan is never wrong, she knows she's always right
She has the highest intellect
and her mind is sharp as a knife
S-S-S-, SUSAN
S-S-S- SUSAN

CHORUS

Everything is happy in her world
you know - she takes, control
she doesn't suffer fools at all

Stay away away from, stay away away from
SUSAN

Everything is happy in her world
you know - she takes, control
she doesn't suffer fools

Susan will break the rules and she just won't give a damn
She'll use you up , then spit you out
She's busy with her plans
S-S-S- SUSAN

Susan will wear you down,
and she'll leave you high and dry
She'll take you for a jerk,
screw your brain until it hurts

S-S-S-, SUSAN it's only Susan,
S-S-S- SUSAN it's only Susan,
S-S-S-, SUSAN it's only Susan,

SUSAN

I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

StephenM

damn, I think a modern day Beatles came into being here... but it's that and much more... it's a touch ELO, a touch, Badfinger and a touch awesome (actually very much so imo)...
man alive dude... this is so good.. first off the vocals are spectacular so tell Keith i said bravo..
the very end you caught a vibe that Joe Walsh had in his great song "Life's Been Good To Me So Far"...

I am a big fan of your music Darren, your partnership music and you keep getting better and better...

the swirly thing from the keyboard I really like and it gives a great base to play around... I would kind of like to add a synthesizer to my arsenal... the keyboards we have are great but really are not synths... they have some aspects... but I can't get some of this in them...

what a track man... this site keeps getting better and better...

and some wicked riffing my man

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Bluesberry

Quote from: StephenM on January 29, 2023, 11:11:50 AMdamn, I think a modern day Beatles came into being here... but it's that and much more... it's a touch ELO, a touch, Badfinger and a touch awesome (actually very much so imo)...
now that is a description that is spot on.......throw in a bit of Kinks lyrically.......and maybe a touch of Queen on the guitars.......it's a whole genre onto itself........damn good song lads....that guitar is killing me....so good........maybe a touch of Bowie vocally .....sheet

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ray Brookes

Brilliant track, Darren. Such professional production and arranging. Keith's vocals are stellar and the instrumentation is just so good. I agree with what has been said already - a touch of Beatles, Kinks, ELO and Christ knows who else. I think if The Beatles were still around, this is what they would sound like. Take a bow, guys - great work.
Ray Brookes

Zoltan

Is Susan the sister of Karen?

What a song! And what a joyful performance! Those ELO inspired vocals and vocal chord gymnastic are lovely. The playing is also so cool. Pure bliss this is :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Greeny

This is magnificent. I've been listening to a lot of Sparks lately, and there's elements of that in here musically, but something very unique too. I'm loving all the ingredients - the sequenced synth, the amazing guitar, the wonderful vocal melodies and harmonies. That middle 8 part alone is masterful. Love it to bits!

thetworegs

Fab track loving it all from the keys to the vocals which are excellent to the ripping guitar a masterpiece ...love it

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

maxit

Wow, makes me think about "Kate" by Ben Folds. Very well written and performed, I'll stay away from Susan for sure!!!
recorder
Audacity

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Quote from: StephenM on January 29, 2023, 11:11:50 AMdamn, I think a modern day Beatles came into being here... but it's that and much more... it's a touch ELO, a touch, Badfinger and a touch awesome (actually very much so imo)...
man alive dude... this is so good.. first off the vocals are spectacular so tell Keith i said bravo..
the very end you caught a vibe that Joe Walsh had in his great song "Life's Been Good To Me So Far"...

I am a big fan of your music Darren, your partnership music and you keep getting better and better...

the swirly thing from the keyboard I really like and it gives a great base to play around... I would kind of like to add a synthesizer to my arsenal... the keyboards we have are great but really are not synths... they have some aspects... but I can't get some of this in them...

what a track man... this site keeps getting better and better...

and some wicked riffing my man

Thanks Stephen. I actually started with the keyboard sound before writing anything else.
It was a synth sound from "Logic pro X" I'd recommend Logic Pro, it's a great DAW for recording.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

BerryPatch

Excellent song guys! Has a harder edged ELO vibe to it, stellar lyrics and ripping vocals and solo here. A great 3 minute piece of blissful yet biting pop/rock!