Going Down to the Riverside

Started by Ron D Bowes, January 27, 2023, 04:40:06 AM

Ron D Bowes

Going Down to the Riverside
Time:
0:00
Volume:
My very latest track. Some gritty down to earth honest blues for you. Aiming for a sort of "Bad Company" style.

StephenM

oh hear we go... or here we go a hearing!

I listen to mucho Bad Company, a top 10 band for me...  I think generally your songs have a flavor along those lines but with a touch more southern vibe... which I think for people who really notice, Bad Company and Southern rock are quite similar.  I heard that Bad Company and Skynard used to tour together... now I wish i could have seen that... or heard that... wow...

For me though if I picked a band you reminded me of the most, not that it matters because your music is original enough, is the great Molly Hatchet... but on this track, and sometimes you actually remind of Led Zep, this is no exception...
whatever it is it is really good...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Bluesberry

Spectacular authentic downtown blues........nothing uptown about this...it's downtown all the way.....down and dirty......drawn and gritty.......feeling fine as long as nobody gets in your way kinda groove.........deadly stuff...love how the harp and guitar duel it out at the end...my moneys on the guitar, it's that kind of night downtown at the old club....

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Blooby

You get the most unbelievably tasty harp tones. This strikes me a tad more Free than Bad Company to my ears, but I love them both dearly. How does anybody not revere Paul Rodgers? Definitely some Kossoffisms in there. Great way to climb out of the solo back into the vocals. 

Damn...that harp. Great post.

Blooby

Ray Brookes

Super blues track, Ron. Authentic and soulful with great harp and guitar stuff. Loved Bad Company when they formed after Free broke up. Love it.
Ray Brookes

Farrell Jackson

A very cool, down, dirty, and great presentation of Bowe's Blues style! The harp and its roughness are a real standout here. Excellent gritty vocals as always but I need to point out how good those backing ooos are. Nicely done Ron!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Mike_S

This is very tasty Ron, loads of classic old blues rock sounds in there, but it is undeniably very you as well which is a great thing. For me there should be a law against not liking blues harmonica... it hits you right in the soul. Some brilliant raw guitar and a quick nod too to that lovely bit of drum programming (just assuming it was not a live drummer?) love the slowed down bit where it really swings.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SE

Defo nod to Kossoff on the guitar  riffage.
Loving the blues vibe with vocal and harp, what a great listen, well done!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

thetworegs

Gets the ooh yeahs going over here in Yorkshire beautiful blues ...loving that harp

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Killer blues track Ron. I think blues is one of your best styles. Great guitars, vocals and harp.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.