'Blue Birthday' - Greco & Green (Maxit & Greeny) original

Started by Greeny, January 26, 2023, 02:55:20 AM

Farrell Jackson

A great collab Greco and Green! Cool piano, wah wah and Tim's vocal is so good. I thought it reminded me of Billy Joel's style but then I heard Macca and at last I decided it's your own sound. The funky ending was a nice change. It is some good songwriting!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ray Brookes

Excellent songwriting, Tim; such cool lyrics. Clever and well performed; love that change in feel towards the end of the song - so well crafted.
Ray Brookes

Zoltan

Okay, this is plain beautiful. Great playing and sounds. The mix is so clean and clear. Every little piece of the song and songwriting has found their own place in this production. And Greeny the great singer he is puts even more of that good stuff in this performance. Damn... You're too good!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

maxit

What can I say about this? The backtrack was intended originally as a soundcheck of a new Hammond B3 VST (in the funky section it is used as a bass), and never had to see the light as a song, since it was just 3 unrelated chord sequences put together. But here comes Tim, that joined the three pieces in a coherent storytelling from blues to funky. I'm a fan, and after all this time I still just can't believe what he does, and how LoL
recorder
Audacity

BerryPatch

What gorgeous song! The wah guitar and Organ really mesh well and the piano is brilliant. I like how the song starts changing halfway through, a bit like a early 70s McCartney song. Solid bluesy jamming at the end!